3800 I want to buy an engine tomorrow

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'd do a JY one over one that's been fucked with. Yeah it may have a lot of miles, yes it will quite probably have some problems but if the car was hit your odds are better.

Cut the oil filter and you are probably 90% there on not getting a turd. If you are really crazy bring a compression checker and a spare battery or two.

Reactions: v6buicks and sktchy

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Just buy a whole ass wrecked car, sell the cat, and drag it in for scrap. Make sure you get the title but your in a couple hundred bucks and some work by the time your done.
I could buy that Comp G I talked about a while back. It would just be a pain in the dick to harvest what I want/need from it since it doesn't run. Idk how I would get it home or where I would keep it. Logistical nightmare.

Reactions: sktchy

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
Junkyards post images online these days now. Find a junkyard with a supercharged car that's been in an accident. That's the best way I've have luck with getting good drivetrain parts.
W-body's could also have bad transmissions or rusted out rear shock towers too so that could also be something that would indicate the engine is probably fine. Obviously hard to tell if the trans is bad though.

I haven't had any luck with buying engines from other people either.

Reactions: v6buicks and sktchy

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Was the milkshake in the oil pan and oil filter as well as in the cylinder?

It wouldn't surprise me if an Liam gasket leaked into one of the cylinders and formed that. The rotating assembly could be perfectly fine
I think it was a LIM gasket. No milkshake in the oil pan, but the crank wouldn't turn all the way over even with the plugs out.

• Care
Reactions: sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info