Miss Esa

Just 3 raccoons in a trench coat.
Feb 4, 2012
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Theresa
And traded my Cooper in on...

6766781961a6cc260e889abec7d61520.jpg

Another Cooper, a 2017 Cooper Clubman S All4 specifically.

The warranty was up on our 2013 Hardtop S, between the need for more space it was nearing due for brakes and clutch.

It is every bit as fun to drive as the old one, although not as 'raw'. It's noticeably more punchy, and our bolt ons are in the mail. (K&N Intake and helix short shifter)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Need more side shots.

Congrats!

Only one we have at the moment is from the trade-in shot:

It looks a million miles long compared to the R56, but it was not nose to nose with the old car.

We will snap some more later; forgot to save the dealer pics, not that it matters :jg:

The Intake is arriving on Friday; shifter tomorrow hopefully.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
tuner in the mail too?? ;)

There are 3 or 4 different 'tune' options now, but you are REALLY supposed to wait until you are at least past break-in miles. (They are all just MAP interceptor boxes basically that nudge the boost up and the ECU happily compensates).

NM module
JB4+ from Burger
DinianTronics

And some other crappy one that I don't care about.

NM and Dinian are both supposed to be good for ~ 25whp and 30-40wtq

NM has a 100+ Octane mode that's supposed to be good for 40+whp.

JB4 is supposed to be good for ~ 40whp/ ~50wtq

The only difference really seems to be that the NM and Dinian turn up the boost by about 3PSI, and the NM 100+ Mode does +5 as does the JB4 on High.

Supposedly the JB4 doesn't need anything above 93 Oct to add 5lbs (which makes it seem a little sketchy when compared to the conservative nature of the Dinian and NM modules), and its also $200 more and requires a wire to the OBD2 port which isn't quite as slick as the Dinian or NM boxes.

I think we are going to pickup the Dinian module, best warranty by far; and the most reputable.

Intake and Exhaust on this new powerplant sounds INSANE, we can't wait for the intake to arrive. I think the factory blow-off is sequential or baffled or something now, this is a video of a car with nothing more than the K&N Intake that we ordered on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrToyXHHz_I

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Nice choice! Looks great with the tint done! :bigthumb:

Looks dramatically better with Tint, no doubt.

Wow pretty damn nice considering I was never a fan of those.

There is a lot of hate on the 'big coopers' but the options for Sporty, AWD, Turbo, Manual family friendly rides is limited to say the least. The ONLY thing that's a little weird still day to day is the Barn Doors, but I can't say it's a nuisance, just different.

Outside of the rear doors and the added heft, it's superior in every single way to our last one.

The AWD adds a level of confidence that you don't get in the current F54/55/56 generation of coopers, and the Clubman is the only one offering it on that chassis.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Nice not so mini Mini. I gave up trying to talk my wife into a Clubman, she wants her Subaru and she'll get her Crosstrek.
We're going to end up having baby hauler meets if everyone keeps pushing out kids. "What mods have you done?"......"Added an extra cup holder and Goldfish holder to the stroller!"

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Nice not so mini Mini. I gave up trying to talk my wife into a Clubman, she wants her Subaru and she'll get her Crosstrek.
We're going to end up having baby hauler meets if everyone keeps pushing out kids. "What mods have you done?"......"Added an extra cup holder and Goldfish holder to the stroller!"

No Minivans allowed!

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Looks dramatically better with Tint, no doubt.

There is a lot of hate on the 'big coopers' but the options for Sporty, AWD, Turbo, Manual family friendly rides is limited to say the least. The ONLY thing that's a little weird still day to day is the Barn Doors, but I can't say it's a nuisance, just different.

Outside of the rear doors and the added heft, it's superior in every single way to our last one.

The AWD adds a level of confidence that you don't get in the current F54/55/56 generation of coopers, and the Clubman is the only one offering it on that chassis.

Great points Dan. My wife and I are typically in the 'LOL' crowd as well. Boils down to the textbook juxtaposition of "large" and "MINI" I suppose. Can't argue with the points you make though .

Admission- I got worked over hard in the Coyote on the Dragon by a caged JCW on Hoosiers a couple of years ago. God damn that thing was faster than I thought FWD physics were capable of. I know MINI's can get it done.

Your ride looks really solid in those pics.

Thread Info