I Spent my last penny at Dick's

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
<snip>
in addition to removing certain types of semi-automatic rifles from their stores, the company will destroy its stock of these commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms along with any accessories for the guns.
<snip>

Whole story here -
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180420/dick-s-sporting-goodsfield-stream-to-destroy-firearms-inventory

They have chosen. I have chosen. Not one penny for Dick's Sporting Goods after today.
Fair Commerce. Good Luck.

I am the NRA. I have said my peace.

Ban Murderers, not what they choose to murder with.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've never bought at Dicks before. I still won't. And this doesn't affect my decision in any way shape or form.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
I was never going to go there either way. Their prices suck, and they've had a history of this shit ever since 2012 when Sandy Hook took place.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
Only time I really bought anything from Dick's was when I worked for a tree service company and needed waders for the contract we had with the water reclamation of Cook County. They were usually the cheapest and closest. That was only a handful of times in a 2 year span. After that, I would just browse around. After they did what they did the first time when it came to the 2nd Amendment, I stopped going there all together. Now even more so.

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
Their prices are ridiculous, I don’t think I ever bought anything there anyway

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Looks like their stock price dropped 10% when Dick's released the no guns news. Went from $35 to $31.52.

It will be interesting to see what alienating half their market does to their sales.

093LZ

Reaction score
<snip>
in addition to removing certain types of semi-automatic rifles from their stores, the company will destroy its stock of these commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms along with any accessories for the guns.
<snip>

Whole story here -
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180420/dick-s-sporting-goodsfield-stream-to-destroy-firearms-inventory

They have chosen. I have chosen. Not one penny for Dick's Sporting Goods after today.
Fair Commerce. Good Luck.

I am the NRA. I have said my peace.

Ban Murderers, not what they choose to murder with.
well said dude, more corporate companies caving to little cunts like David Hogg. Hope they go out of business. I never shopped there anyway, fucking rip off.

And I love your sig pic. Did you see the picture all over S.M where a guy is holding a banner saying "fine, we will pry it from hands". Come get some, break into my house so you can feel what 3,215fps is like

zenriddles

Reaction score
well said dude,

And I love your sig pic. Did you see the picture all over S.M where a guy is holding a banner saying "fine, we will pry it from hands". Come get some, break into my house so you can feel what 3,215fps is like
Molon labe - Come and take them.

Thanks. That has been my sig pic since well before ChicagoSVT and Chicago Garage merged.

My home defense of choice is a Taurus Judge with the 3 1/2" Magnum chamber. The rounds are actually longer than the 2 1/2" barrel. But for some reason, the barrel scratches they call 'rifling' mean its somehow not a sawed off shotgun.

I like the 3215fps, haven't seen the pic - post it? - and after simultaneously hitting 3 silhouettes at the range at 25 feet with the Judge I like my approach. Bastard won't know where to grab, it's gonna hurt everywhere.
Oh yeah - last 2 rounds are Colt 45 if I want to actually use that rifling.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Just bought my daughter a new softball helmet. Used to always go to Dick's for that stuff...happily ordered online this time.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Mossberg dropping Dicks is big. Inland/Hi-Point is small potatoes in comparison.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Saw an article saying mossberg cutting off dicks, those titles won’t get old lol

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Mossberg along with Springfield Armory is dropping Dick's.

That is going to be huge.

Now, only if S&W, Kimber, Ruger, etc. dropped Dick's.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I bought MLB apparel and softball stuff like batting gloves and cleats from them. Guess I'll go online.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Mossberg along with Springfield Armory is dropping Dick's.

That is going to be huge.

Now, only if S&W, Kimber, Ruger, etc. dropped Dick's.
Mossberg and Springfield alone is huge. I'm sure they sold a lot of entry level Mossberg shotguns and Springfield XD pistols.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Came in expecting at least one post along the lines of "Think they care" or "Does it really hurt them"?

Left surprised.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hi-Point is probably doing them a favor. That's no big loss lol.
Had a 995 carbine. Would have another one if one came by at the right price. Don't knock it till you try it. Good ergonomics, low recoil, good sights, accurate and reliable. Yes capacity limited but still a nice shooting albeit ugly gun for the price.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Had a 995 carbine. Would have another one if one came by at the right price. Don't knock it till you try it. Good ergonomics, low recoil, good sights, accurate and reliable. Yes capacity limited but still a nice shooting albeit ugly gun for the price.
I have one in 40 it’s ugly as hell but it always works and it’s accurate

zenriddles

Reaction score
Watching the news this morning.

Seems Dick's is experiencing very low gun sales this year.

Naturally, they blamed it on new gun regulations and restrictions...

LMAO!!!

Consequences assholes, consequences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom