i saw parts of a grand prix today, i never wish to see again.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
well today on my final day with the shitcar.... i went on the daunting mission of retrieving as much of the wiring harness from the car as possible... (in hopes to one day have a rwd l67 turbo'd 60's sleeper... more on that another day)

anyways.

i did it.

fuse box/pcm connections/battery wires/obd-II plugs/ all clips plugs yadda... the only thing i actually wound up cutting was the hud plugs because fish wanted em more than i needed em...

in this quest for the entire wiring harness... i removed the entire dash.. .steering column... support stuff for the steering column... pedals... airbags... yadda yadda yadda. so many weird sensors and box connections and stuff behind there which i have no idea what they are for. but. they are in a box in case i need them...

also, in case you are wondering, you can fit the entire subframe, with rotors/axles/hubs... inside of the car if you take out the interior. :wink:

thank god that stupid pos is gone tomorrow.

so many usable parts still on this car.. i wish people would have came to get stuff...

143-1.jpg

144-1.jpg

notice the disk for the brake attached to the subframe.. yah the whole subframem is in the car...

145-1.jpg

cars make weird noises when being pulled onto a flat bed without wheels...

check out the body rot in this pic as well..

146.jpg

Last edited:

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
had to replace the entire wire harness in a new camary because the airbag connector for the front sensor got smashed. It is illegal to repair air bag wires and the dealer will not sell the parts. The harness was 4 grand itself and it took me 20 hours to relace it. fuck that. Had to gut the dash out of the car as well as some other interior panels and it ran through out the engine bay, headlights, misc sensors and crap.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
had to replace the entire wire harness in a new camary because the airbag connector for the front sensor got smashed. It is illegal to repair air bag wires and the dealer will not sell the parts. The harness was 4 grand itself and it took me 20 hours to relace it. fuck that. Had to gut the dash out of the car as well as some other interior panels and it ran through out the engine bay, headlights, misc sensors and crap.

fffuck that.

how much does just teh shell weigh?

super duper track car for cheap lol

well with the custom lack-of pinch welds... thank you rust. the car is very light. i wish i kknew the weight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info