I need to buy 3 cars!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Good news! I kept researching and have decided on the car model we will buy next.

Drumroll... It's the forgotten Lexus that they cancelled. GS350. 300+ hp, reasonably fun to drive. Rear wheel drive. Excellent 3.5 liter V6. Cars are loaded with options. Underneath, it's still a Toyota and, with maintenance, should last for 300K miles. And, you can get a decent one with relatively low mileage for under $20K.

I showed Amy and she likes it.

2015LexusGS350FSportLogo.jpg

2015_lexus_gs-350_sedan_crafted-line_i_oem_1_815.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Only bad thing about the cars seems to be that mouse type controller. Reviewers hate it.

Funny thing is this car has a Sport + setting. Doubt I would be taking it to a track. LOL

The F Sport version is mostly cosmetics, wheels, seats, a couple other features but it was a $5K option that does not raise the price of the used cars much. I'll look for one but even the base model seems pretty good. Mark Levinson sound system is a nice option if I can find one.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I am OCD and maybe the mouse thing is better than fingerprints everywhere.

I’m wondering if people who actually own the thing like it after using it for a while?

Either way, I’m all for naturally aspirated daily drivers when going for 200-300k miles or beyond.
I use mine in my Genesis but it’s more intuitive than the Lexus. I did not care for it in the IS350 f sport I test drove.

Reactions: torquelover

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Nice choice, I had an is350 for alittle over 2 years and it was a fantastic daily driver.

Got rid of it with 130k on the clock and no signs of issues + needed nothing other than routine maintenance the entire time I owned it.

I think they look great, are very reliable, but a tad boring if you’re an enthusiast. The v6 isn’t bad, but leaves you wanting more. I averaged around 20mpg also which wasn’t the best, but again not terrible. Overall for the money I think it’s a very solid option.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Good news! I kept researching and have decided on the car model we will buy next.

Drumroll... It's the forgotten Lexus that they cancelled. GS350. 300+ hp, reasonably fun to drive. Rear wheel drive. Excellent 3.5 liter V6. Cars are loaded with options. Underneath, it's still a Toyota and, with maintenance, should last for 300K miles. And, you can get a decent one with relatively low mileage for under $20K.

I showed Amy and she likes it.

2015LexusGS350FSportLogo.jpg

2015_lexus_gs-350_sedan_crafted-line_i_oem_1_815.jpg

Solid choice, pull the trigger

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, I was looking at cars like the Lexus RCF but I don't want to pay the overpriced amounts they want for them now. I can always sell the GS in a couple years and step up when prices have hopefully returned to normal. Reason I like the GS is because it is underappreciated and the prices reflect that.

Amy was expecting $25K when I showed her the car and was happy to see they were under $20K.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Yeah, I was looking at cars like the Lexus RCF but I don't want to pay the overpriced amounts they want for them now. I can always sell the GS in a couple years and step up when prices have hopefully returned to normal. Reason I like the GS is because it is underappreciated and the prices reflect that.

Amy was expecting $25K when I showed her the car and was happy to see they were under $20K.

It’s a solid vehicle with space and aligns with your type of work.

Pull the trigger

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Dave, it took me a while to decide on a brand/model. I will now be looking for a solid car with a good Carfax and maintenance records at a good price. I'm OCD about getting a bargain. My Caddy still runs OK so I can drive it until I find the right one.

I did pretty well with the Camry and am hoping to do the same with the GS.

Then I have to figure out what to do with the hurricane damaged Elantra.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Dave, it took me a while to decide on a brand/model. I will now be looking for a solid car with a good Carfax and maintenance records at a good price. I'm OCD about getting a bargain. My Caddy still runs OK so I can drive it until I find the right one.

I did pretty well with the Camry and am hoping to do the same with the GS.

Then I have to figure out what to do with the hurricane damaged Elantra.

Looking forward to your Lexus GS reveal in mid-summer 2024

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
What's annoying me is the GS350 was priced lower three years ago than the cars are priced now. WTF? Three years older and costing more? I was following two of them at a Sarasota dealer and they just raised the prices on each by $1K. I'll keep looking until I find the right one. I want good service records, no accidents and lower miles. F Sport would be a plus.

Reactions: torquelover

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
What's annoying me is the GS350 was priced lower three years ago than the cars are priced now. WTF? Three years older and costing more? I was following two of them at a Sarasota dealer and they just raised the prices on each by $1K. I'll keep looking until I find the right one. I want good service records, no accidents and lower miles. F Sport would be a plus.

Pull the trigger, you will be driving it until the wheels fall off.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
There's a chance the economy crashes fairly soon so I'm holding off until I either find the perfect car and pay a little more for it or get into the crash and prices fall. I have had my Caddy for 10 years now and hope to have the GS for similar.

Funny thing, I was pulling into traffic in the Caddy today and got on it. Man, that Northstar moves out nicely for being 20 years old.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
The frigging Lexus dealer raised the price again on one of the GS350s I am following. Started at $21K now it's at $24K. I'm wondering what their thinking is? Car sits on their lot over a month and they raise it $3K?

Auction prices are high again lots of dealers will raise there prices and some will stay firm.

Reactions: Flyn
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info