I need to buy 3 cars!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I meet my customers often but if we have multiple homes to see, it's easier to drive together. It's a pain to have customers follow me. I have to adjust my driving to what they are or aren't doing. Waiting for a big enough gap for a slow customer to turn out into is annoying. It's also amazing how many people can't use GPS.

Reactions: torquelover

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

And it’s in town by you!

209FAEA0-A9ED-4FF2-8117-10458B06046C.jpeg

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I can't forget about the Genesis models. They have taken such a big depreciation hit for such loaded and decent cars. My buddy has an older one and it keeps on motoring with no issues.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I can't forget about the Genesis models. They have taken such a big depreciation hit for such loaded and decent cars. My buddy has an older one and it keeps on motoring with no issues.

You were so against it when I mentioned it and you were talking Lexus stuff.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I just can't decide. Car prices for what I want are still inflated. Looking at the RX 350 or RC F but Amy likes our Camry and says another, newer one would be fine. Camry, Accord, Lexus. Too many choices and I don't like the prices right now. That means wait and keep driving the Caddy for the time being.

We sold Amy's Santa Fe. Down to the Caddy, the Camry and the Elantra. Elantra and Caddy still need to go.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
This is the twin of the Camry I bought. Makes me happy that mine has "only" 110K now. Plenty of life left. Why doesn't everyone buy Toyotas?

So, what Toyota and Lexus Camry / ES v6 owners fail to mention is the transmission issues (quirks), rusting, cat converters clogging, etc.

They boast 200k - 300k miles but the maintenance / parts replacements are very much like owning a LS1 or 5.0 (modern / pushrod).

I have an old man owned 06 ES330 w/ 116k miles and can say it is quiet while driving and everything works as it should, but it does have all the quirks and is not flawless in terms of repairs.

Honda is another overhyped brand that yes, they are long term reliable, but not flawless.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So, what Toyota and Lexus Camry / ES v6 owners fail to mention is the transmission issues (quirks), rusting, cat converters clogging, etc.

They boast 200k - 300k miles but the maintenance / parts replacements are very much like owning a LS1 or 5.0 (modern / pushrod).

I have an old man owned 06 ES330 w/ 116k miles and can say it is quiet while driving and everything works as it should, but it does have all the quirks and is not flawless in terms of repairs.

Honda is another overhyped brand that yes, they are long term reliable, but not flawless.
No way, Flyn owns one and it’s the best, hence the reason he said why doesn’t everyone own one.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info