I need to buy 3 cars!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm loving the Lexus more every time I drive it. Zero issues found so far.

I was looking at the service interval chart and the maintenance schedule made me laugh. Basically change the oil and maybe one fluid each 10K miles. Change the filters occasionally and get the car checked out. At 120K change the plugs which looks to be ridiculously easy. Pull off the air intake and the coils are right there. Driver's side is even easier.

Only issue I saw in re-reading the car fax was multiple new tires and a couple 4 wheel alignments. Car tracks and brakes straight so I don't know what that was about. Every service was performed on time at a Lexus dealer. No breaks in the services.

Here's the old ride and the new next to each other.

20230604_202345.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Anybody want my old Caddy for $1,000? I paid $4K for it 10 years ago with 55K miles and it had been a good car. Hurricane Ian did some damage to it.

Bad is both valve covers leak. Engine smokes after driving it hard because the oil hits the manifolds. Back window was shattered in Ian. I covered it in plastic. I have a trouble code that is pollution related. Pollution part in the wheel well lost the bottom piece. No A/C. Engine runs well. I'm going to sell it down here to the first $1K I get.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I went through the give us your info and life history segment at Lexus so I could see the service history. Only issues were stupid owners forgetting to turn functions on and an ongoing tire/balance issue with the last owner. Might be why he sold it. He refused new tires and had multiple 4 wheel alignments. I don't know what he was experiencing because the car tracks fine and has zero vibration now. My tire pressures are all holding in range, too. Tires are only 20K miles old and have plenty of tread.

What do you guys think of Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Thanks! It drives even better than it looks. The adaptive suspension is amazing. I have been going through (empty) round abouts at speeds way above what my Caddy could do and haven't found any lean or wheel slip yet. The Caddy would have been off the road at a similar speed. Car feels quicker than 306 hp would suggest. 8 speed tranny pairs well with the motor especially in Sport +.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I'm bringing the Lexus in to my shop for a PPI tomorrow. Post Purchase Inspection. I like to do a Pre Purchase Inspection but closed on it too rapidly. We'll see if the PPI confirms what I think about the car. If there would be anything bad, I have a 30 day powertrain warranty from the dealer. I doubt there is but it's worth checking out while it's under warranty. Costs a couple hundred to have them go over the car and I trust the shop.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Verdict is in from my mechanic. "Nice job, Cliff". Only item they found was brake pads were getting thin (2mm on the rear, 4 mm on the front). I had them replace all 4. Funny part is I had a full tank when I brought the car in for the PPI. It's at 3/4 now. Ferris Buehler's Day Off revisited? LOL I guess they needed to do an extensive test drive.

Thanks again, guys, for the CarFax and info on the car you provided.

I almost bought an Acura TL up in Chicago today. Friend of my brother's was selling it. My brother checked it out for me and said no. It was driven by a 16-20 y.o. for 4 years and he ran into a mailbox with it. Damage seems minor but the car wasn't perfect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info