• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I need Meth kit recommendations

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Alkycontrol has nice braided lines with their kits. I have a snow performance kit and it works great. Far easier to install than a alky kit and works great but comes with plastic lines. You can always buy braided lines if you went that route and wanted that. I use 100% meth and no issues.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Well, I went with Alky Control.
The kit will come in stages, based on where I mount the pump and tank.
Then I will have the lines made and finish it up.

My buddy has had an alky kit on his car for 3 years with no issue, which swayed my mind in that direction.

Thanks all.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
[MENTION=4846]Zack[/MENTION]

I am curious how you are planning to run the meth?

Typically you want to run it pre-MAF so you can take advantage of the cooler temp readings. With the MAF sitting right after the filter on a positive displacement blower car it makes that more difficult. Are you going to split off the IAT sensor and run it after the TB? When I was talking to Rodney at AIS he was suggesting to run both pre and post MAF.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana

Typically you want to run it pre-MAF so you can take advantage of the cooler temp readings. With the MAF sitting right after the filter on a positive displacement blower car it makes that more difficult. Are you going to split off the IAT sensor and run it after the TB? When I was talking to Rodney at AIS he was suggesting to run both pre and post MAF.

The only IAT on the car is post-blower....because roots car. :bigthumb:

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL

A few recommendations...

Pre-IATS? Yes! Pre-MAF? No. Always separate those two out and do it the right way; especially on a Ford hot-wire MAFS. It simply isn't a good idea to spray before the heated filament on the MAFS. Heat shock on such a thin wire can easily lead to breakage of the filament and failure of the entire sensor. There is no need to subject it to more abuse than necessary.

In a PD blower setup, the proper place for the IATS to be would be post-blower so it can feed accurate/actual intake temps to the ECU after the air charge has been heated up due to being compressed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info