I need Meth kit recommendations

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I don't know what to buy.
My good friend loves his alkycontrol system.

I will be buying actual methanol when I get it hooked up, not windshield washer fluid.
I also plan on having the tank in the trunk.
Thanks in advance!

utryd2

Reaction score
Alkycontrol has nice braided lines with their kits. I have a snow performance kit and it works great. Far easier to install than a alky kit and works great but comes with plastic lines. You can always buy braided lines if you went that route and wanted that. I use 100% meth and no issues.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Reaction score
I use and like AIS. Mine has all SS braided lines and dual nozzles that I run 100% VP meth through. I have a few friends who have had issues with the Snow Performance pumps.

GTStang08

Reaction score
I have snow performance

AEM kits are garbage

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I had the AEM kit on my pro charged 08 SRT and it took a shit within a few months. I know people who have had success with the Snow Performance kit.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meth is good! :s00ls: I used AIS for my triple nozzle kit. Rodney (IIRC) is awesome and his systems are spec'd to your setep. Good stuff for sure. :bigthumb:

greasy

I Haz New Teknologee
Donating Member
Reaction score
AIS is a great kit and Rodney will help square you away with your setup.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Well, I went with Alky Control.
The kit will come in stages, based on where I mount the pump and tank.
Then I will have the lines made and finish it up.

My buddy has had an alky kit on his car for 3 years with no issue, which swayed my mind in that direction.

Thanks all.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's all good! Wait til you see what it does for the car / tune! Fun stuff for sure...

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think you could go wrong with AlkyControl. There may be better solutions out there, but theirs works and the people that have had them love them

greasy

I Haz New Teknologee
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=4846]Zack[/MENTION]

I am curious how you are planning to run the meth?

Typically you want to run it pre-MAF so you can take advantage of the cooler temp readings. With the MAF sitting right after the filter on a positive displacement blower car it makes that more difficult. Are you going to split off the IAT sensor and run it after the TB? When I was talking to Rodney at AIS he was suggesting to run both pre and post MAF.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score

Typically you want to run it pre-MAF so you can take advantage of the cooler temp readings. With the MAF sitting right after the filter on a positive displacement blower car it makes that more difficult. Are you going to split off the IAT sensor and run it after the TB? When I was talking to Rodney at AIS he was suggesting to run both pre and post MAF.
The only IAT on the car is post-blower....because roots car. :bigthumb:

rocket5979

Gearhead
Reaction score

A few recommendations...

Pre-IATS? Yes! Pre-MAF? No. Always separate those two out and do it the right way; especially on a Ford hot-wire MAFS. It simply isn't a good idea to spray before the heated filament on the MAFS. Heat shock on such a thin wire can easily lead to breakage of the filament and failure of the entire sensor. There is no need to subject it to more abuse than necessary.

In a PD blower setup, the proper place for the IATS to be would be post-blower so it can feed accurate/actual intake temps to the ECU after the air charge has been heated up due to being compressed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom