• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I need Battery Relocation Help

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Guys, im a complete dumbass when it comes to this.

I dealing with a damn near perfect car too. There is a trunk organizer in the car as well,, which is making this all the more confusing as to where I need to put the battery.

Its a full sized Battery box made by Taylor.

Please please provide me with some pictures, tips etc. Did you run the cable inside or outside the car? Did you install a big fuse between the fusebox and relocated battery? If so what amp...brand???

I can do just about anything on a car but relocating a battery is not my forte'

I would seriously sub this out if someone needs the extra $$$

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I would run the cable outside the car along the frame rail, inside it if possible.
Make sure you use large enough cable with fine strand wire to ensure it's capable of transmitting enough juice.
I would also fuse it using a mega fuse. You can get em at most parts stores. I would suggest 125a, that's what I used on my Mustang, but I'm not positive if it'll be enough to get the job done on a Marauder with all of the extra electrical stuff.

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
You should always put a fuse no more then 12 inches from the battery,I would use 2 fuse one inside engine bay and other by battery. I would run at least a 2 gauge amp kit, that comes fuse holder and all other connections required. I ran plenty of cable along inside of car. Little bit more pain in Ass but then its protected from road debris and possible hang up if a clamp was to break. Only thing that sucks is going to get the wire through the firewall, if you need a hand let me know. Free towards end of week.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
You should always put a fuse no more then 12 inches from the battery,I would use 2 fuse one inside engine bay and other by battery. I would run at least a 2 gauge amp kit, that comes fuse holder and all other connections required. I ran plenty of cable along inside of car. Little bit more pain in Ass but then its protected from road debris and possible hang up if a clamp was to break. Only thing that sucks is going to get the wire through the firewall, if you need a hand let me know. Free towards end of week.

Thanks for the offer. I have no problem doing the 'work' I just can figure out where to put the battery box with the trunk organizer in place.

The kit came with cable, although its probably only enough for a Mustang.

I plan on running the cable inside the car, and i also thing there is a huge factory grommet to pass the cable through on the passenger side.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I would be ok with any modification to the existing organizer

I knew I liked you.
Would you prefer it closest to the back of the trunk, centered on the right, or on the right closest to the rear bumper?

Also, do you want me to bolt the tray to the organizer (which would mean unbolting the battery box if you wished to remove the organizer)

...or cut a hole in the bottom of the organizer so you could lift it out.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
So I guess you don't have to vent your battery box outside the car, either?
LOL

Oh hell no.

Im all for safety, and they do have rules if your car is too powerful, or totally unsafe.

They are an IHRA track and to be honest, are a godsend to the average guy who wants to go racing 2-3 times a year, without having to spend thousands in safety equipment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info