TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
where should i start shopping?

still thinking about how i want to build it

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Have you even figured out your caliber first? That'd be my goal. Are you looking for something nice, cheap or in between?

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Do a .300BLK SBR 9" barrel and pin a fake can to make it legal 16" with a full length 15" handguard.

AAC Honey Badger doesn't give a shit.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
primaryarms.com and palmettostatearmory.com have the best prices on parts. PSA has been known to have some of the best budget parts for the ar platform so if you are on a strict budget i'd consider some of their stuff. If you are looking for something a little nicer, I like BCM for good midrange quality stuff.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
As I've mentioned, there are so many options available for you. What's your budget? What kind of quality do you want? What barrel length? I can give you several quotes for various options if you'd like. Just let me know any specifics you may have in mind and I can go from there. If you don't have anything in mind, then I can through a few quotes ranging in all sorts of options and quality.

Detour

Reaction score
Screw Palmetto. PSA will not ship ANY AR or AK Firearms (Including Receivers) to Aurora, Highland Park, or Cook County, Illinois. I ordered a lower and had it shipped to an FFL who is outside of Cook. They cancelled my order because my billing address is inside Cook.

As for stores, try DSArms in Lake Barrington, R Guns in Carpentersville, or Marengo. Other reputable places: Primary Arms, Midway USA, Toms Tactical, Brownells, AIM Surplus

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
It is worth noting that if you live in aurora you may have some restrictions. I'm more of a libertarian in this regard so do what you feel is your right, but I would be remiss if I didn't at least share what I've seen before. When buying parts, mags, ammo online you may have some vendors that deny sale due to living in aurora.

Something worth noting, if you build an ar pistol that sounds prohibited as the magazine is outside the grip.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Screw Palmetto. PSA will not ship ANY AR or AK Firearms (Including Receivers) to Aurora, Highland Park, or Cook County, Illinois. I ordered a lower and had it shipped to an FFL who is outside of Cook. They cancelled my order because my billing address is inside Cook.

As for stores, try DSArms in Lake Barrington, R Guns in Carpentersville, or Marengo. Other reputable places: Primary Arms, Midway USA, Toms Tactical, Brownells, AIM Surplus
yeah shipping isnt an issue.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
holy fuck Aurora sounds like a safe place to live! time to look into moving there..

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
guys, nobody enforces those restrictions anymore.

all the LEO's i know out here say its all BS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom