I need a therapist V: 212's 2019 Golf R Build Thread

Regular
Jan 23, 2016
So I got into a black 2019 GTI about a week ago. Then today......

71301f4379ba8100f9b5f2ad19a9bc7a.jpg

GTI had just over 200 miles on it. I got a pretty good deal on it, so I only lost my shirt on the trade.
The R is a 2019 w/ DSG.

Regular
Jan 23, 2016
I’m just curious, how does one get the idea to look at trading-in/purchasing a vehicle within the first 6 months of ownership. It is literally the LAST thing to enter my mind. I’m no longer looking after I made the commitment.

There’s no sane explanation for that question.... hence the title of the topic. I have a sickness.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I’m just curious, how does one get the idea to look at trading-in/purchasing a vehicle within the first 6 months of ownership. It is literally the LAST thing to enter my mind. I’m no longer looking after I made the commitment.
Been there and done it a couple of times.

Reactions: bimmer4life and 212

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I did the exact same thing with my brand new 2016 GTI. I traded it in with like 3000 miles less than 6 months later and got the R and paid it off shortly after.

Reactions: 212

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Been there and done it a couple of times.
I did the exact same thing with my brand new 2016 GTI. I traded it in with like 3000 miles less than 6 months later and got the R and paid it off shortly after.

What is your reasoning though? Did you make a payment purchase you weren’t happy with?

Reactions: Eagle

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
What is your reasoning though? Did you make a payment purchase you weren’t happy with?
Loved the GTI. .. Saw there was an R for sale and the price was killer, went to drive it figuring it wouldn't wow me enough to make the jump, it did and did the deal. They had it listed at a killer price that was too good to pass up.

Basically at the time I bought the GTI, there was no reasonably priced R in the state... And then a few months later one appeared and everything worked out in my favor.

Reactions: Shawn1112

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
That’s funny you did similar to Mook Mook with opposite colors. I really like this platform and may get an R next depending on how the MK8’s grow on me. I’ve had my MK7 GTI 4 years and 38,000 miles and it’s been great. Besides keeping a gallon of distilled water in the back because I have the typical slow leaking thermostat/water pump I’ve had no issues. Starting to get a bit of a truck itch for Home Depot hauling, but hope the wife getting an SUV fixes that.

Reactions: 212

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

tint the windows, they go up in value, you're good.

• Haha
Reactions: DanJ and greasy

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Window tinting is the first thing I plan to get done. It would be great if the value goes up. I would be happy with normal reliability. Of course, until I start getting crazy with mods. Then it’s all on me.

it was more of a dumb joke on my part.

window tint is good.

car looks sharp. i dig these a lot. do whatever Mook Mook has done to make it dragy ripper.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
tint the windows, they go up in value, you're good.

That Carl Darling appreciation.

Window tinting is the first thing I plan to get done. It would be great if the value goes up. I would be happy with normal reliability. Of course, until I start getting crazy with mods. Then it’s all on me.

Chicago Auto Pros did a great job with those tiny 1/4 windows in the front on mine.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info