Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
whatever you coffee, coffee with one of these. /thread

36661742490890p

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I typically use a press & electric grinder at home but have been experimenting with a pour-over setup as well but haven't got it down as well as the press timing wise. At work/traveling I use an AeroPress with a cheapo manual grinder.

Home Press is a basic Bodum $20 find it anywhere press. At work/traveling I use an AeroPress as it's easier to cleanup & pack away.

Home Bodum 1L Press
412ZEcLF3bL._SY300_.jpg

AeroPress
1026-AeroPress.jpg

My home grinder is a Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Grinder, thing works pretty awesome. Had it about a month so far. Freshly grinding before brewing has really stepped up the flavor too.

41rA4B16alL._SY300_.jpg

Carvin

Old Shredder
Aug 24, 2015
Westmont
Whatcha drinkin'? How ya makin' it? Gimme all the details & recommendations since I know a good portion of you rely on it to live.
I make hot & iced. Since I use flavorings & sweetener I just use cheap coffee.
Skim milk too. Iced coffee is not just brewed coffee on ice. Put grounds in a pitcher with water & let it sit overnight then stain it thru cheesecloth. I also found a squirt bottle
of zero calorie latte topping. So thru experimenting around I can concoct something close
to what a coffee shop sells but very low calorie.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Caribou K-cup for the quick morning coffee. Still have a bag of Dunkin from when it was on sale that I may just throw away since its meh at best.

The BRCC AK-47 espresso blend in the French press was fantastic. Will order more of that and some of the others soon.

Stopping for coffee in the morning I'll go to Peet's for a light or dark roast depending on my mood.

Black w/ no sugar or bust.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Caribou K-cup for the quick morning coffee. Still have a bag of Dunkin from when it was on sale that I may just throw away since its meh at best.

The BRCC AK-47 espresso blend in the French press was fantastic. Will order more of that and some of the others soon.

Stopping for coffee in the morning I'll go to Peet's for a light or dark roast depending on my mood.

Black w/ no sugar or bust.

I actually didn't like the AK47 that much, it was a bit "thick" for my taste. The Beyond Black, CAF and Murdered Out have all been fantastic by BRCC though.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Koffee Kult Dark Roast is my daily blend, nice amazon subscription for 2lb/month. I grind enough for a week at a time, don't got time for that shit everyday with 2 kids. On the weekends I will grind a fresh batch of something I buy in less quantity to try out something new. This week its Death Wish Valhalla Java, looking forward to trying it. I will also use the french press when I have time for these coffees that I really want to enjoy.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Any pros to buying whole bean and grinding yourself vs buying ground?

Yes, freshness & flavor. I haven't bought pre-ground in a long time and prefer to grind as I go. Manual grinders can be had for cheap (and is what I use for the cabins or outdoor excursions) but for day-to-day I use a Bodum Electric Burr Grinder.

if you do get a grinder, get a burr type. The blade ones are inconsistent, a mess and get really hot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info