I Like My Coffee Black & My Tea In the Harbor

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
Whatcha drinkin'? How ya makin' it? Gimme all the details & recommendations since I know a good portion of you rely on it to live.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
I typically use a press & electric grinder at home but have been experimenting with a pour-over setup as well but haven't got it down as well as the press timing wise. At work/traveling I use an AeroPress with a cheapo manual grinder.

Home Press is a basic Bodum $20 find it anywhere press. At work/traveling I use an AeroPress as it's easier to cleanup & pack away.

Home Bodum 1L Press

AeroPress

My home grinder is a Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Grinder, thing works pretty awesome. Had it about a month so far. Freshly grinding before brewing has really stepped up the flavor too.

The Italian

But not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
I switch between Dunkin Donuts and Death Wish for my coffee.

Had a cup of tea the other night with some chamomile (or however you spell it) and it knocked me the fuck out.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
I've gone through their Murdered Out already. Probably my favorite Extra Dark Roast I've ever tried. Currently on their CAF (Caffeinated as Fuck) and enjoying the buzz I get as well. Will be ordering much, much more.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
What ever the wife makes at home on the weekends and we ahve caribu here at work.

black, 2-3 spoons of sugar, pending on cup size.

Carvin

Old Shredder
Reaction score
Whatcha drinkin'? How ya makin' it? Gimme all the details & recommendations since I know a good portion of you rely on it to live.
I make hot & iced. Since I use flavorings & sweetener I just use cheap coffee.
Skim milk too. Iced coffee is not just brewed coffee on ice. Put grounds in a pitcher with water & let it sit overnight then stain it thru cheesecloth. I also found a squirt bottle
of zero calorie latte topping. So thru experimenting around I can concoct something close
to what a coffee shop sells but very low calorie.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Caribou K-cup for the quick morning coffee. Still have a bag of Dunkin from when it was on sale that I may just throw away since its meh at best.

The BRCC AK-47 espresso blend in the French press was fantastic. Will order more of that and some of the others soon.

Stopping for coffee in the morning I'll go to Peet's for a light or dark roast depending on my mood.

Black w/ no sugar or bust.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
Caribou K-cup for the quick morning coffee. Still have a bag of Dunkin from when it was on sale that I may just throw away since its meh at best.

The BRCC AK-47 espresso blend in the French press was fantastic. Will order more of that and some of the others soon.

Stopping for coffee in the morning I'll go to Peet's for a light or dark roast depending on my mood.

Black w/ no sugar or bust.
I actually didn't like the AK47 that much, it was a bit "thick" for my taste. The Beyond Black, CAF and Murdered Out have all been fantastic by BRCC though.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
You guys should check out Groundworks coffee and Kicking horse.

USDA Organic, fair trade, great tasting and reasonably priced.

Trader Joe's has some great coffee too that is under $10 per pound.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
Koffee Kult Dark Roast is my daily blend, nice amazon subscription for 2lb/month. I grind enough for a week at a time, don't got time for that shit everyday with 2 kids. On the weekends I will grind a fresh batch of something I buy in less quantity to try out something new. This week its Death Wish Valhalla Java, looking forward to trying it. I will also use the french press when I have time for these coffees that I really want to enjoy.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Door County Coffee & Tea, their coffee is great! (plus I know the owners, they're awesome people) Order some of their stuff online, you won't be disappointed!

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Door County Coffee & Tea, their coffee is great! (plus I know the owners, they're awesome people) Order some of their stuff online, you won't be disappointed!
I rember always seeing there stuff when up there. But that was before I started drinking coffee.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
Any pros to buying whole bean and grinding yourself vs buying ground?
Yes, freshness & flavor. I haven't bought pre-ground in a long time and prefer to grind as I go. Manual grinders can be had for cheap (and is what I use for the cabins or outdoor excursions) but for day-to-day I use a Bodum Electric Burr Grinder.

if you do get a grinder, get a burr type. The blade ones are inconsistent, a mess and get really hot.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
you lost me at the creamer.

black with a little sugar and im good.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Black Costco brand stuff in a drip maker at work
Misc brands in a French press at home
Keurig at home when I need a quick fix and don't have the time to wait on water to boil

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Jesus somebody get these coffee yuppies a cup of Dunkin and stfu!

This thread makes me want to drink tea...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom