• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I know, set it on fire and be done with it... Caddy accel problem

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
My SRX just started yesterday to show some weird symptoms. After driving for a short bit, when I am stopped and then try to accelerate, the car barely moves. I can have it floored and the first couple seconds it'll creep forward. Then it will get moving all of a sudden and will accelerate like normal. It only does this from a stop and the rest of the time driving at speed is normal.

There's no ECU codes, no noises or shudders, and I can't seem to find anything online on it.

I noticed, but might just be in my head, but the exhaust note sounds weirdly muffled when this happens and I think I smell unburned fuel. Not overly noticeable and I don't know if it's just me being hypersensitive about noticing things when this happens.

It's a ly7 3.6 (non DI) with a 5l40-e trans.

Thanks in advance for any help.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Kind of sounds like the throttle motor is slow from closed position. Maybe it's mucked up with some nasty shit stuff and getting stuck? Also sounds like the computer is giving the motor the proper fuel to go with a throttle that's supposed to be wide open, but it's not. My first response would be to not floor it when it's happening and pull the intake off and see if there's a bunch of sticky shit where the throttle blade is.

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
My SRX just started yesterday to show some weird symptoms. After driving for a short bit, when I am stopped and then try to accelerate, the car barely moves. I can have it floored and the first couple seconds it'll creep forward. Then it will get moving all of a sudden and will accelerate like normal. It only does this from a stop and the rest of the time driving at speed is normal.

There's no ECU codes, no noises or shudders, and I can't seem to find anything online on it.

I noticed, but might just be in my head, but the exhaust note sounds weirdly muffled when this happens and I think I smell unburned fuel. Not overly noticeable and I don't know if it's just me being hypersensitive about noticing things when this happens.

It's a ly7 3.6 (non DI) with a 5l40-e trans.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I know nothing of auto repair but... Plugged cats/broken cats?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info