• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I have to get an AUTO trans for this Cobra

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Drag only car with an auto trans is understandable
Sports car with an auto-swap is just gay. I would NEVER put an auto trans in a car that came with a 6-speed from the factory no matter how much power it was making.

Agreed been there done that, and yea it may have not of been at that power level but Auto on street is just not fun. Plus it makes your car sound gay!

LOL should I sell the cobra and buy an Auto Mach1 instead?

Its my car, and it will be faster on the street, and the track with the TH400.
Where is the burnout smilie? :clap:

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
guess you guys have never driven a manually shifted auto on the street, no wonder you cant understand why he wants to change...
I can say no I havent
A stalled 4r70w is boring, but in a 650hp car a th400 w/ rmvb and a brake is awesome whether you're on the street or the track.
And yea if It had a manual VB than itd be better, but Transbrake on the street is pointless imo, never gonna get traction. Still im sure it would be fun

Zack or Mike (mrod) plz break my Manual VB Cherry to change opinion

SonicBoost

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
I can say no I havent

And yea if It had a manual VB than itd be better, but Transbrake on the street is pointless imo, never gonna get traction. Still im sure it would be fun

Zack or Mike (mrod) plz break my Manual VB Cherry to change opinion

Trans brake is for the track only

I gave a CSVT member who was considering a TH400 swap a ride in my car a few weeks ago. Let's just say He's in the process of going auto. Next time I see you we'll go for a ride and see what ya think. It's not for everyone though.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
LOL at all the opinions!

Im gonna start the T56 removal next week then ship it off to Deleware where the new owner will be installing it in his Eaton Swapped Marauder.

As soon as I get paid for that Ill put that money down on the Proformance TH400 with the Gear Vendors. Cant wait!

SonicBoost

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
I just scored a spare Console on Ebay for $45 shipped to modify for the B&M Pro Ratchet Shifter.
Are you doing a setup like this?
Console.jpg

Console3.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info