3800 I hate Toyotas

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
So I'm minding my own business this morning, battling typical I-55 nortbound traffic @ 7:15ish, just south of Lemont. Traffic is slowing to a stop, so obviously I brake. I get to oh, maybe 5-10 mph, and all of the sudden KABLAMMO! This chick in a corolla smacks me in the rear of the car!!! $#$#%$$%!!!!!
So we get out, and look, not much damage, thanks to the plastic bumper, but the paint on my bumper is fubar--scratches/gouges etc from her license plate and it's fastener, and i can see that the ledge around the license plate inset is creased. So she asks if i want to call the cops and im like yeah i do. frown from her, but that's her fault. so i call the cops, 2x eventually, and after over an hour they finally show -- in the mean time we swap info, and she wants to leave, i say no the cops are already coming... more frown from her. she tells me that if i want the bumper buffed out or whatever, i can call her husband (like he'll fix it) so when the cops get there, she tries to tell them that we agreed that she would pay for the damage out of pocket, trying to make nice or whatever. that's not what she had told me. but whatever... anyway, the cop didnt seem concerned that i had some damage, just said it didnt look like much. --- she didnt even get a ticket!!!!!

so im gonna get an estimate and see what it's gonna be. if its not bad i may just make them pay me cash, but i want it fixed, so i may turn it in to her insurance anyway-- if i need it fixed, i'll need a rental, so they're gonna pay for that too

if i get a chance, i'll put up pix later on

just needed to vent

ARGH!!!!!

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
That's why I always carry camera equipment in the car with me. I would take pictures of the damage. Personally, I might've accepted not going through the insurance companies if she wasn't in such a rush and wanted to go so fast. Hey, she was wrong to hit you and it seemed like she didn't want to own up to it.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
That's why I always carry camera equipment in the car with me. I would take pictures of the damage. Personally, I might've accepted not going through the insurance companies if she wasn't in such a rush and wanted to go so fast. Hey, she was wrong to hit you and it seemed like she didn't want to own up to it.
[/b]

yeah... i had to call her insurance to get the claim process rolling, her hubby wouldnt give me any of the insurance claim info--- he wanted me to get the shaft by going through my insurance and making them deal with allstate. heck no, they're gettin it now.

dumb people suck!

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

yeah... i had to call her insurance to get the claim process rolling, her hubby wouldnt give me any of the insurance claim info--- he wanted me to get the shaft by going through my insurance and making them deal with allstate. heck no, they're gettin it now.

dumb people suck!
[/b][/quote]
isn't that why you pay for insurance.....so THEY can deal with the other person's insurance..........?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

dumb people suck!
[/b][/quote]
isn't that why you pay for insurance.....so THEY can deal with the other person's insurance..........?
[/b][/quote]

if i have my ins co deal with it, more likely that my rates would go up... not that they should, but could.

in any case, less people to deal with if i go straight to their insurance, and as of now, they're covering the whole thing without a fight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info