• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I got bored....mostly machining content for no damn good reason

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Guess I get to join in on this thread finally...

Don’t have a VFD yet to run the spindle so I’ve just been playing with the Sony Windows 95 CNC. I have learned how to program basic shapes and the bed moves as it should. Pretty cool

I’d like to learn how to actually import g code from a CAM software based on a model but that’s a problem for later. I don’t know how to even transfer that yet since it only has a floppy drive lol

I was able to get the head rotated to get the mill under my garage door, but the worm gear is broke and won’t go back up. Fail. Need to figure out how to change that, since my engine hoist legs won’t fit around the pallet

View attachment 178766

View attachment 178767

What did you pick that up for $ wise?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
You really don't want to take it off the pallet, therwise, you're always stooping over the table like a T-rex for us Jurassic park dinosaurs.

Not many 2000lb+ engine hoists will lift that at the ram height. Might be stuck screwing together an a frame/teepee.

I prefer to roll things, I made this based on something I saw in california as a kid.

I added 4x 1"x8tpi jackscrews n nuts, so I can lift it another 8 inches if need be.

Best mod so far.
20201007_191125.jpg

20201024_131155.jpg

20210118_175503.jpg

Reactions: Mr_Roboto and PJx5x

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
That cart is awesome. I might need to do that at some point. No issues with vibrations or anything?

I couldn’t keep it on the pallet. It wasn’t stable, especially with my shitty uneven floor

I did manage to do some really sketchy shit and get it off the pallet. Now the engine hoist fits around the base and I can move it easily. I need to do some trigonometry and make some shims tonight to get it levelish.

60A8CF65-EFFF-4D4D-9D82-3807009F5AC6.jpeg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Nah, no issues with vibrations. It's all water jetted out of 3/4, 1/2 and 3/8 plate steel.
6 snapon high strength urethane casters. No brakes or torsions.

I bought nuts that are the same size as most's the other hex's on it so that I can use the same tool to do the four screw feet..... Which I have still yet to do.

God, look at all that room you have, I'm so jealous.
You'll actually be able to sweep up the chips instead of cleaning it off of your tool boxes, drill press and grinder

Reactions: PJx5x

Thread Info