I finally bought myself a nice DD. I think I deserve it.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
So you may recall my Marauder was totaled by a drunk driver. I decided to halt my Marauder search until after New Years since I can’t find one that “I have to have”. So I decided to finally buy myself a nice daily driver. I have my rusted out 2002 F250 with 215,000 strong miles and no signs of dying.

I wanted something new or used/newer. I’ve been looking at F150’s a lot. Love the F150. I thought I’d just replace my F250 with a new pick up truck. Since my wife got rid of her Chrysler Aspen for her SHO. I decided I needed an SUV for the dogs and family. So I looked at Tahoe’s, Suburbans, Explorers and the occasional Excursion. I liked them all. Explorer was great but small for what I wanted. Tahoe was small and the Suburban seemed priced a little higher than I wanted to spend. Low mileage Excursions are pretty expensive for such an older truck.

That’s when it hit me in the face. I had completely forgotten about the Expedition EL and Navigator. The Navigator was too pricey with high miles as were the Platinum and Limited Expedition EL with higher miles. So I simply looked at the Expedition XLT EL. I must say. Looking for the LE versions seemed a tad hard for a while. Seems most EL’s for sale were owned by rental companies and There doesn’t seem to be many 2016-17 EL’s for sale with mileage less than 35,000 and not beat up. I looked at a few and you’d think they were driven through a forest and scratched up. Luckily I found this XLT EL with only a few scratches, ridiculously clean inside, under carriage and engine too. It has 34,000 miles Has most everything I wanted including towing package, heated and cooled seats and more stuff. I only wish it had a moonroof and heated steering wheel. But what ever. Love the Ecoboost just like our SHO. Even more impressed how this truck moves with the Ecoboost. I think I may need to eventually get a tune. I thought I recall seeing Expo tunes available. Anyways enough rambling.

Dig the powered vent windows. Perfect for the dogs.

Towing, downhill descent traction control and stuffzzzz

I kept my rusted but ridiculously dependable 2002 turd.

Tore apart my Merc. I may just end up having to do a frame swap if I can’t find a Merc I like.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
congrats on the new wHip

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like it! You do not see a lot of the newer Expeditions on the road.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I dig it. Loaded up too... I always like seeing an integrated brake controller.

I'm still sad about your Marauder.... Those and Impala SS's are so cool to me.

Spectragod

Reaction score
Unfortunately they never had a heated wheel on those, all the rest can be added, and.... you can mod the electronics with Forscan software, I like the color, easy to maintain and has good eye appeal.

Let me know if you need to find a frame, I have sources....

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
good looking truck there.

the rusty heap can be used in the winter :fy:

my buddy rented an expedition with the ecoboost and drove to IN to pick up a dest, he said he moved really well for a large SUV

should have plenty of fun driving it

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Man o man I love driving this truck. The ride is so smooth and the power just feels so good. Love the sound of the radio. This SYNC seems to work a little easier and faster than the one in my wife’s 2014 SHO.
So far so damn good.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not bad. Did way better than I thought. Filled up Friday and drove to my parents house and back.
Over 400 miles with plenty of fuel left

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
The rental F150 I had had the 3.5 V6 and although I personally felt it was a gutless turd unless you stomp the gas and rev it to the moon, it got stupidly good gas mileage for being a truck. Better than the Edge somehow.

Nice pickup, looks really clean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom