🔧 BUILD Mark's 2015 KB Mustang

General Information

Tonight I picked up the 2001 Mustang's replacement.

It is a manual Deep Impact Blue 2015 Mustang GT premium with the only options being the 3.55 rear-end, navigation, and the 19" dark aluminum wheels. I had initially thought I'd wait until much later this year, but I got impatient.

I worked with [MENTION=4923]The Beast[/MENTION] at getting it sent to his dealership from the Sandwich dealership. Sandwich is the only one that had the exact set-up I wanted. It was either that or a factory order. Beast did a fantastic job getting the Mustang for me, and he gave me a really good price on it. That's another part of the reason I bought sooner than later.

He told me this morning that he was able to get the car to his dealership by the late afternoon. So on my lunch I went to Chase to get a loan and that was it. I had a very positive experience with John, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Also, huge props to Mook for helping me pick up the car and then spending a couple hours driving around and helping me learn how to better drive it. I also have to give a shout-out to [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] for also letting me learn the basics on his car.

My first night's, opinion? I'm in love with this car. It is awesome in every way. I can't wait to really get good enough to rip through the gears. I'm super-glad I went the way of a manual for this car. For a car that won't see too many quarter mile passes, the manual was the way to go for sure!

Here are the pics of my new ride:

IMAG0360_zpsetbdu9zt.jpg

IMAG0362_zpsqmmzud6g.jpg

17307383365_345eb00d2e_h.jpg

17307383305_112093bbae_h.jpg
Reactions: Flyn

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I knew the car wouldn’t run right after the install until I flashed the computer. But I was surprised at how much the car really stumbled. I triple checked to make sure everything was plugged back in properly. I’m hoping it was really just the stock tune getting confused.

The SCT X4 should be here tonight for me to flash the computer.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I knew the car wouldn’t run right after the install until I flashed the computer. But I was surprised at how much the car really stumbled. I triple checked to make sure everything was plugged back in properly. I’m hoping it was really just the stock tune getting confused.

The SCT X4 should be here tonight for me to flash the computer.

Shouldnt have been that bad. But yeah with the normal CAIs, you need a tune for that maf to work right. Otherwise some of the cai makers will sell a reducer insert to make the maf housing the same size as the stock pipe. I think thats how it was on the 5.0 IIRC.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The SCT X4 arrived this morning, so I went home on lunch and uploaded the tune with minimal difficulty.

It feels quite a bit more peppy and has better throttle response. It sounds a little bit louder too. I didn't get too many chances to stop on it because 59 was acting like 59 during lunch time.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I've been meaning to research how to clean under the hood without soaking any water sensitive equipment.

I'm running just SCT's pre-loaded tune for a JLT CAI. My tuner said he'd, be 'taking' my money if he tuned my car. He'd only be able to squeeze another 6-8 whp out of SCT's tune. He would charge $400 on top of paying for the SCT X4. $400 is not worth it to me when I can have SCT's tune for 'free'.

When I have more serious mods, I'm going back to my regular tuner. He's a pretty awesome guy with cars and his business.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
It's definitely traceable (it's a computer, it logs everything, including when you upgrade, update, flash, etc.) From the researching I've done, it sounds like your normal dealer can't do it, they would need to ship the PCM out to Ford and have them run the PCM flash count. Take that with a grain of salt, it IS the internet.

Thread Info