I did a thing. It's a new cup holder.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
As some of you know I've been looking for an SUV because the eventuality of having a baby and a psychotic Boxer sharing a bench seat in the back of my truck didn't sit well with me. I've always loved full size SUV's and wanted one when I bought my truck but the incentives on my truck were too good to pass up.

SO fast forward a few years and I got exactly what I wanted and in the spirit of teaser threads.

It's got pinstripes! I'm not a huge fan of them but it seems to work on this vehicle.
abf7822c88fe79e39e6a330955908218.jpg

And wheels.
14dee0c9f14cce81ce178d3284767e77.jpg

And chrome parts.
3dc91041630487083dc08b4ebf4d3810.jpg

Remarkably it comes with not one, but TWO headlights.
8c3de16ceafe5128915174b2fb1916ca.jpg

And even a cup holder or six.
4b184edff036fd27017a2bd1ad46fdcd.jpg

My wife doesn't know about it yet since she's in Door County but she knew I was looking but I'll tell her today since I just got it. My monthlies went down, insurance went up a few bucks, they gave me more than expected for my truck but I'm not complaining and I just finished up getting an extended full coverage warranty thru Endurance.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Jeep was on the very short list of possibilities but I was buying used and from everything I've read about the '13-'16 Grand Cherokees multitude of problems I chose to stay away from them. Which is too bad because they're really good looking SUV's and the size of them is just about perfect. BUT a friend of mine has one that has under 15K miles and it's been driven by his mechanic more than he's driven it.

I like your beard
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! I just realized you can see part of my face and my big ole shaved head. That's one ugly kaleidoscope!!

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I want to say Range Rover?

You just did! But no it's not a Rover. Surprisingly those weren't that far out of my price range and some had decent mileage and were under $40K. Only problems with me getting a Rover is insurance cost is ridiculous and repair rates are worse. I drove a few Supercharged Range Rovers and they're nice but not nice enough to justify their overinflated cost. Plus the whole pompous douchebag aura that comes with the badge doesn't settle well with a guy that climbs telephone poles and digs holes for a living.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
The cup holders look like my durangos. Next guess is Chrysler Pacifica.

Pacifica is too mini-van-ish (I can make up words in my thread!) and a mini-van is grounds for divorce in my house. I understand the need and immense utility of a mini-van but both my wife and I agree that it will never happen in our house.

Have you ever seen a guy that owned a mini-van as a daily driver and his only car that didn't have a defeated look on his face? I haven't.

Thread Info