🔧 BUILD I did a thing.. (3 doors, turbo, DCT, not a 3800)

General Information

After talking with the wife and working other things out, we thought I should have something a little more reliable and I’m cool with that. So the Regal idea was tossed out.

Went to Hyundai on Friday after work to have the Kona inspected for the end of lease deal. Test drove a Santa Fe for a possible lease but the numbers were not working.

I then noticed a Veloster in the CPO section. 19, turbo, 7 speed DCT. Took it for a ride and instantly really enjoyed myself. It’s no world beater, but if it didn’t put a smile on my face pushing the gas down. Doesn’t hurt that the front end borrows a lot from the 18 and 19 Sonata which I also owned and really liked.

Got the payments around where we were with the Kona lease so I should be picking it up today hopefully. They are replacing 2 tires since I noticed a gash in the side wall.

Never owned a turbo car before, so wanted to ask how necessary is a catch can. :rofl:

3DB132D1-6FA5-42C1-A645-9B351DC81627.jpeg

43B4E471-4A35-4C5A-A885-CB234D7252BD.jpeg

558721A1-8CB1-412C-9675-D6465CFB7E35.jpeg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Why didn’t u just peel them up with your finger? I’ve taken many of these stripes off of vehicles traded in and I’m usually done in 10-15 min. All u do is leave the car in the sun for an hour and they should come right up by pulling from one side. If there is ever any glue left, u can use a little bit of goo gone or 3m adhesive remover. And done

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ohh man. The car salesman on the internet doesn’t like how I took pinstripes off my own car. He didn’t like me doing things different than himself and trying out my new toys.

Damn dude, fuck me for not doing it your own way. FYI, my pinstripes didn’t want to peel off nicely like yours apparently do.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Ohh man. The car salesman on the internet doesn’t like how I took pinstripes off my own car. He didn’t like me doing things different than himself and trying out my new toys.

Damn dude, fuck me for not doing it your own way. FYI, my pinstripes didn’t want to peel off nicely like yours apparently do.

You did a great job and time well spent. Keep up the good work and I’ll be sure to suscribe to your you tube videos for future progress.

• Haha
Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Alright, had some time to calm down. Been a bad couple days. ??

I was washing my car regardless. It was happening. I figured since I was, I’d “overkill” the pinstripes. We overkill a lot of things and no one bats an eye. I overkill something and it’s “you’re an idiot” vibes in here. If I wanted to feel like an idiot, I don’t have to come to TCG to do it. That’s why I got upset.

Hope that makes sense. Sorry if I got a little personal The Beast The Beast just wasn’t a good thing to read after basically hearing how I am an idiot the last few days. My thought process was hey, do something extra and maybe help out and create that content mook keeps talking about and I get shat on. Not a good feeling.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Alright, had some time to calm down. Been a bad couple days. [emoji23][emoji23]

I was washing my car regardless. It was happening. I figured since I was, I’d “overkill” the pinstripes. We overkill a lot of things and no one bats an eye. I overkill something and it’s “you’re an idiot” vibes in here. If I wanted to feel like an idiot, I don’t have to come to TCG to do it. That’s why I got upset.

Hope that makes sense. Sorry if I got a little personal The Beast The Beast just wasn’t a good thing to read after basically hearing how I am an idiot the last few days. My thought process was hey, do something extra and maybe help out and create that content mook keeps talking about and I get shat on. Not a good feeling.

I don’t care what people say about my occupation I’m blessed. I was not making fun of u and I was shaking my head because I could have saved you a lot of time and aggravation and of course money on buying the wheel eraser. Your stripes are not that old either way they came off that’s all that matters.

Reactions: Fish

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Alright, had some time to calm down. Been a bad couple days. ??

Nothing wrong with trying a different approach, but you gotta have a little thicker skin and not get so offended when others ask why or point out alternatives that may work better. It'd be like the guy that removes the motor from his car in order to change spark plugs getting irritated at folks for pointing out that he just needs an extension and swivel for his socket wrench.

Maybe do a follow up video of trying to remove them with some heat to demonstrate different ways to remove pinstripes, and then you can evaluate which was more effective for your situation.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Nothing wrong with trying a different approach, but you gotta have a little thicker skin and not get so offended when others ask why or point out alternatives that may work better. It'd be like the guy that removes the motor from his car in order to change spark plugs getting irritated at folks for pointing out that he just needs an extension and swivel for his socket wrench.

Maybe do a follow up video of trying to remove them with some heat to demonstrate different ways to remove pinstripes, and then you can evaluate which was more effective for your situation.
Funny you mention.

I’d say my skin is pretty thick. Compared to how I was back in the day. Like I said. Just a rough patch and if water can erode rock, thick skin can be exposed. I just take a different approach and will say it and own up when I feel I am out of line. Which is why I posted again this morning.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Funny you mention.

I’d say my skin is pretty thick. Compared to how I was back in the day. Like I said. Just a rough patch and if water can erode rock, thick skin can be exposed. I just take a different approach and will say it and own up when I feel I am out of line. Which is why I posted again this morning.

Well you look at that

giphy.gif

Reactions: Fish and Dan00Hawk

Thread Info