I changed my thermostat and I don't thinks done right

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I replaced my thermostat because the heat was mildly warm until after 20 minutes of driving.

I replaced it with orielys best 195 t stat. I replaced the gasket too. I basically removed the old and and installed the new one. I think I may have a air bubble in the line.

The gauge goes up when I give it throttle and goes way down during idle. What could I have done wrong? What should I do?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Son of a bitch I broke the gdmf screw when tightening it. Head popped right off. Luckly it was tightend.

It spewed out some coolant then I tightend it back up.

The gauge still climbs and falls during driving occasionally. At its highest point it will reach close the middle. There prolly is still some air in there. Ill drive it for another day or two and see how it performs.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Do you have an aftermarket PCM? What was the thermostat degrees before?

Your coolant temps and fluctuation don't sound too out of the ordinary for a stock thermostat.

Mine never fluxes like that. It just stays at its normal position after initial warm up. Which is a bit lower since I have the oversized radiator.

It might spew some coolant, but you need to let the air out. You will need a new housing now. Which isnt that expensive from a bone yard. Im sure KJ's parts might even have one. :hs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info