I am one of those Mustang owners now

1998gpgt

Reaction score
Two major life events have occurred for me in the last month. The first is that I now live in Boulder, CO. The second is that I am a freshly conceived Mustang owner.

It's a 2001 Mustang GT convertible. It has 104k miles, although it doesn't look it. The story I got was that it was previously owned by an elderly gentleman who died. Second owner picked it up following said elderly man's death in 2009 with 88k miles. He proceded to put on a fresh coat of paint and drive it sparingly. It already has a Magnaflow exhaust and K&N intake on it. Currently have a MGW short shifter on my immediate to-do list.

The previous owner also had a complete vortech kit sitting in his garage that he never got around to putting on. He offered it to me for an additional $1200. I wasn't sure if I wanted to venture down into that rabbit hole at 104k though. Should I go for it?

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Congrats on the Mustang. I wouldn't be afraid to supercharge at 100k miles. I also wouldn't be afraid to lower that thing about 4"...

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Reaction score
You're better off throwing the sc on after putting 100k miles on it. The rings are ready for boost now. Nice looking car.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Nice car! I would put the supercharger on. The 4.6 engines are stout and will outlast the rest of the car, as long as you change the oil regularly. That engine will last a long time if you keep it around 400 rwhp.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
congrats on the new digs jim

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd go ahead and throw that blower on there without a care. My last Mustang had almost 100k on it and almost 70k of that was with the blower, never had a single motor issue. Trans and rear-end are a different story...

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
Nice car! I would put the supercharger on. The 4.6 engines are stout and will outlast the rest of the car, as long as you change the oil regularly. That engine will last a long time if you get it tuned properly.
Fixed

I'd go ahead and throw that blower on there without a care. My last Mustang had almost 100k on it and almost 70k of that was with the blower, never had a single motor issue. Trans and rear-end are a different story...
Same, I had over 70k boosted miles well above what everyone said the stock limit was on these motors and never had 1 engine issue.

Boost that sumbitch!

1998gpgt

Reaction score
MGW short shifter has been ordered.

I think this was the last little push I needed to look a little more closely at adding a blower. Not sure if I should be thankful for this or not. The mod bug left me for a little while but has returned with a vengeance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom