I am a ZR1 magnet.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Within the past month I have encountered 2 ZR1 Vettes which I would say is pretty rare. The first Vette was a Crystal Red ZR1 while I was on Rt. 20 coming home from Mook's place. It was late and pretty dark, so I had a hard time getting a good look at the car, but looked sweet from what I could see. Rt. 20 does not have the best lighting and I did not mess with the guy at all.

The second Vette was a Jetstream Blue ZR1 that I ran into last night. I was heading home from my Mom's place East on Higgins. I usually hang a right onto Rt. 25, but saw something with crazy bodylines in my rearview so I continued straight. About 1/2 mile past Rt. 25 I realized it was a ZR1 and I must say the car looks sexy! We were cruising next to each other for about a mile and I look over a few times and see there is an older guy with his wife. I look over again and I see he and his wife smiling at me, so I throw them a thumbs up. Apparently they thought I wanted to give it a run. Next thing I know the guy downshifts and just hammers the throttle. The car just blows the tires off at 60 mph and takes off like a rocket ship. I basically creamed my pants because the exhaust note sounded so SEXY!!! I was kicking myself because I did not give the ZR1 the good old college try, but I know the outcome would have been me getting annihilated. I get back next to the ZR1 a little bit before Rt. 59 and gave them the thumbs ups again, they waved and took off.

I must say I really want a ZR1 now :wackit:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I can't hardly pay to get next to anything on the streets anymore simply by chance. :wtc:

Although today I did merger onto 90 from Randall following a Z06 (in the 5.0 I might add) and I actually stayed on his bumper pretty well... until we got into traffic and had to slow to match the speed of traffic @ 80mph :rofl: I got next to him, he looked over with his coffee in hand, gave him the thumbs up and continued on by. :D

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I hear ya, Mook is always complaining that he never gets next to anyone either. My car needs more blower!

my burban had more races in a year than my pricks has had in the past 5.

I agree, I rarely get next to anybody these days. The cars that I do, are usually riced-out Civics or some other econo-box with Folger's exhaust.

:werd:

Ive had 2 MAYBE 3 "impromptu" races since I bought the cobra...everything is always going the opposite way or is non existent...i miss the old days where randall was essentially a 5 mile dragstrip :rofl:

:fy:

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
Not necessarily ZR1's, not well read on vettes, but... I swear on everything possible I was there first and they parked next to me.. :D

265770_10150229459324646_751944645_7502340_3892233_o.jpg

Gawd, forgot what that car looked like without tint...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info