I am a ZR1 magnet.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Within the past month I have encountered 2 ZR1 Vettes which I would say is pretty rare. The first Vette was a Crystal Red ZR1 while I was on Rt. 20 coming home from Mook's place. It was late and pretty dark, so I had a hard time getting a good look at the car, but looked sweet from what I could see. Rt. 20 does not have the best lighting and I did not mess with the guy at all.

The second Vette was a Jetstream Blue ZR1 that I ran into last night. I was heading home from my Mom's place East on Higgins. I usually hang a right onto Rt. 25, but saw something with crazy bodylines in my rearview so I continued straight. About 1/2 mile past Rt. 25 I realized it was a ZR1 and I must say the car looks sexy! We were cruising next to each other for about a mile and I look over a few times and see there is an older guy with his wife. I look over again and I see he and his wife smiling at me, so I throw them a thumbs up. Apparently they thought I wanted to give it a run. Next thing I know the guy downshifts and just hammers the throttle. The car just blows the tires off at 60 mph and takes off like a rocket ship. I basically creamed my pants because the exhaust note sounded so SEXY!!! I was kicking myself because I did not give the ZR1 the good old college try, but I know the outcome would have been me getting annihilated. I get back next to the ZR1 a little bit before Rt. 59 and gave them the thumbs ups again, they waved and took off.

I must say I really want a ZR1 now :wackit:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't hardly pay to get next to anything on the streets anymore simply by chance. :wtc:

Although today I did merger onto 90 from Randall following a Z06 (in the 5.0 I might add) and I actually stayed on his bumper pretty well... until we got into traffic and had to slow to match the speed of traffic @ 80mph :rofl: I got next to him, he looked over with his coffee in hand, gave him the thumbs up and continued on by. :D

OP
greasy

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, Mook is always complaining that he never gets next to anyone either. My car needs more blower!

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
So far I think I've seem 3 on the road. I say a jet stream blue on 90, there is a cyber gray that runs around in Lombard/Downers and last month I saw a torch red one in Northbrook.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I agree, I rarely get next to anybody these days. The cars that I do, are usually riced-out Civics or some other econo-box with Folger's exhaust.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
Going to and from work, Elgin to Niles, I have seen a few ZR1's. I want to say 4-5.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ive had 2 MAYBE 3 "impromptu" races since I bought the cobra...everything is always going the opposite way or is non existent...i miss the old days where randall was essentially a 5 mile dragstrip :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, Mook is always complaining that he never gets next to anyone either. My car needs more blower!

my burban had more races in a year than my pricks has had in the past 5.

I agree, I rarely get next to anybody these days. The cars that I do, are usually riced-out Civics or some other econo-box with Folger's exhaust.
:werd:

Ive had 2 MAYBE 3 "impromptu" races since I bought the cobra...everything is always going the opposite way or is non existent...i miss the old days where randall was essentially a 5 mile dragstrip :rofl:
:fy:

C.Evans

Reaction score
I got behind a cherry mid-late 90's big block burban yesterday at a light... he must have heard be behind him idling. He was first at the light and when it turned green he nailed it and that baby torqued over and was gone. Had a nice sounding exhaust on it. I was like :fy:

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
Not necessarily ZR1's, not well read on vettes, but... I swear on everything possible I was there first and they parked next to me.. :D

Gawd, forgot what that car looked like without tint...

C.Evans

Reaction score
I got behind a cherry mid-late 90's big block burban yesterday at a light... he must have heard be behind him idling. He was first at the light and when it turned green he nailed it and that baby torqued over and was gone. Had a nice sounding exhaust on it. I was like :fy:
Looked very similar to this-

PANDA

Reaction score
Greasy swinging from the best car in the world. Means alot coming from a Ford nutswinger :likesthis:

OP
greasy

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
There is no denying the ZR1 is sexy as fuck. I am not shitting you, that exhaust note was perfect.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
Mook I would have loved to seen your car vs. the ZR1!
He better hope it's from a dig to have any chance, a ZR1 with any kind of half-decent driver is gonna walk him from a roll.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
hes gonna hook from a dig long before i do :rofl:

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
I have a friend back in NJ that has a new ZR1 (the first model year with the traction control). Can't wait until the next trip home so I can take it for a spin.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Only C. Evans trolls a thread about a ZR1 with bullshit about a truck then quotes himself because nobody gives a fuck. :carter:

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Try working somewhere cool. I see expensive ass cars all the time in our lot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom