I’ve been shot!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Damn. I remember people with GTPs and HUD getting their windshield replaced opting for regular windshields saying that they couldnt tell that much of a difference. I didnt think today they would have sensors and such. Or are they cameras behind the windshield that cant see through properly?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Looks like it’s the camera/sensor for the stop and lane departure warning system. I think I am going to give the vatozone windshield repair kit a try first.
Or call your insurance and give them the. "Hey the guys and I were talking insurance at work today. A few of them mentioned having glass coverage being we are traveling salesman and we are on the road so often. Can you check if I have that coverage, and if not how much to add it." Add the coverage and claim it in October or November.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Or call your insurance and give them the. "Hey the guys and I were talking insurance at work today. A few of them mentioned having glass coverage being we are traveling salesman and we are on the road so often. Can you check if I have that coverage, and if not how much to add it." Add the coverage and claim it in October or November.

But if he hasn't already told them he drives his car that much for work already, they are gonna bend him over a barrel and show him the 50 states if he does that.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
But if he hasn't already told them he drives his car that much for work already, they are gonna bend him over a barrel and show him the 50 states if he does that.
Well he gets the idea I hope. Take my idea, switch it up and run with it.
"Was talking to the neighbor who had a bullet pierce their windshield. Said it was covered under his insurance plan. Do we have that on our plan in case a bullet ever hits my windshield"

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Looks like it’s the camera/sensor for the stop and lane departure warning system. I think I am going to give the vatozone windshield repair kit a try first.
Glass company is like $50 for them to repair too. Fuck how are you so bad at adult shit?

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I just got an email to review new insurance coverage period that begins Aug 14th. They snuck in road side coverage again. Gonna call and bitch And ask them to quote me on windshield coverage…
giphy.gif

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Update: so I looked up how to fix windshield with the little $10 kits and thought I would give it a shot (pun intended). Definitely looks better but fixed it about 70% due to the damage. I called my agent this morning to cancel the road side assistance and asked about windshield coverage. He said I already have it and it’s not extra. It isn’t a line item like roadside assistance and part of the comprehensive plan zero deductible. I asked why i couldn’t get my Jetta covered and he said it must depend on the vehicle if they have these high tech cameras. So I got that going for me…

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Update: so I looked up how to fix windshield with the little $10 kits and thought I would give it a shot (pun intended). Definitely looks better but fixed it about 70% due to the damage. I called my agent this morning to cancel the road side assistance and asked about windshield coverage. He said I already have it and it’s not extra. It isn’t a line item like roadside assistance and part of the comprehensive plan zero deductible. I asked why i couldn’t get my Jetta covered and he said it must depend on the vehicle if they have these high tech cameras. So I got that going for me…

The policy covers some windshields, but not others?

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I don't think the insurance company will give you a hard time about trying to epoxy the chip. If anything, just tell them you have a large chip in your line of sight. When I had the windshield in my Escape replaced, nobody from the insurance company even looked at it. I just told them I had a large rock chip in my line of sight and would like my windshield replaced. They sent someone from Gerber to my house to replace it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info