🔧 BUILD I’ll make better choices when I’m older… 392 Wrangler delivered

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
We have a 21 wrangler sport unlimited. Its been fantastic except for a TSB thats now a recall for a coolant leak at the waterpump that jeep fixed. Aside from that, we havent had any issues with our wrangler. Ours is the 2.0l turbo one. The wife daily drives it and loves it.

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
We have a 21 wrangler sport unlimited. Its been fantastic except for a TSB thats now a recall for a coolant leak at the waterpump that jeep fixed. Aside from that, we havent had any issues with our wrangler. Ours is the 2.0l turbo one. The wife daily drives it and loves it.
Keep an eye around the edges of the door and tailgate and also all of the hinges.

Reactions: Morepower4me

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
I miss the wrangler I had before my separation, ex kept it. unlike any other convertible car, these wranglers have a special feel when you drive topless, something you don't get with convertible coupe or anything else. also the jeep wave is kinda cool too.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Annnnnnd Sold.

At the end of the day, it was a cool Jeep that was faster than the other Jeeps, but not fast enough to be actually fast.

Also FCA quality is literal garbage. Its nuts that on a ~$90k you get oil leaks (from actual engine, not plug), roof leaks, corrosion/paint issues on door, etc.
It started to feel like if I didn't get out of it soon, it would be harder to sell later.

I may own another Jeep at some point in the future, but it will be a <$20k one that I expect to be a POS - not one that Im suprised to find is
And you forgot to mention the most important thing: it's one of the least-safe new vehicles on the market. Fucking thing doesn't even have rear side curtain airbags...in 2023...what.

2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Crash.gif

I had a 2020 Rubicon v6, had to have all 4 doors repainted because of rust. Its a well known issue with the 2018+JL models, I cant believe they still havent corrected it. Luckily they hold value because I turned it into a 2022 4runner TRD PRO.
What the hell :ROFLMAO: I didn't know this was a thing! Painting steel...only been doing that since the 1800's....makes sense that stellantis/fca/daimler/whatevthefucktheirnameisthisweek wouldn't have figured it out by now

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Morepower4me

Perma Newb
May 22, 2014
Elgin
Yeah, it’s not ‘rust’ (the doors & hinges are both aluminum) it’s corrosion.

In Jeeps desire to save $0.12 they assemble the hinge to the door BEFORE painting them. So water creeps in between & the aluminum corrodes.

I went down MANY rabbit holes on this & there’s basically no way to fix it. If you can get it warrantied (which is no guarantee) they fix it the exact same way and it comes back in a few years.

If you try to fix it on your own (I was going to split the parts & prime/paint) you’ve blown your shot at a warranty repair later…

It’s sucks.

Not mine, but starts like below & gets bad quick

1676945022599.jpeg

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Keep an eye around the edges of the door and tailgate and also all of the hinges.
Yeah I dont think thats a big problem here in FL where we dont have any salt on the ground ever. But I will anyway. To me jeeps always seemed to degrade really fast with all the painted hinges and whatnot. But the wife's is at about 30k miles now and looks brand new still.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I miss the wrangler I had before my separation, ex kept it. unlike any other convertible car, these wranglers have a special feel when you drive topless, something you don't get with convertible coupe or anything else. also the jeep wave is kinda cool too.

Agreed there is nothing like getting the feeling like it’s 1985 again driving a newer Jeep.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yeah, it’s not ‘rust’ (the doors & hinges are both aluminum) it’s corrosion.

In Jeeps desire to save $0.12 they assemble the hinge to the door BEFORE painting them. So water creeps in between & the aluminum corrodes.

I went down MANY rabbit holes on this & there’s basically no way to fix it. If you can get it warrantied (which is no guarantee) they fix it the exact same way and it comes back in a few years.

If you try to fix it on your own (I was going to split the parts & prime/paint) you’ve blown your shot at a warranty repair later…

It’s sucks.

Not mine, but starts like below & gets bad quick

View attachment 152142

I see that a lot on 18 model keeps or under.

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
Yeah I dont think thats a big problem here in FL where we dont have any salt on the ground ever. But I will anyway. To me jeeps always seemed to degrade really fast with all the painted hinges and whatnot. But the wife's is at about 30k miles now and looks brand new still.
Its not surface rust, I ceramic coated mine right away and it was always clean. Its coming from within

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
And you forgot to mention the most important thing: it's one of the least-safe new vehicles on the market. Fucking thing doesn't even have rear side curtain airbags...in 2023...what.

2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Crash.gif

What the hell :ROFLMAO: I didn't know this was a thing! Painting steel...only been doing that since the 1800's....makes sense that stellantis/fca/daimler/whatevthefucktheirnameisthisweek wouldn't have figured it out by now
Its aluminum, those doors are light weight so women and little people can remove them.

Thread Info