đź“° Auto News Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0-Liter Dynos Higher Than 210 HP

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
http://jalopnik.com/5171999/hyundai-genesis-coupe-20+liter-dynos-higher-than-210-hp

Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe.jpg

The Hyundai Genesis Coupe with its turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder officially has 210 HP and 223 lb-ft of torque at the flywheel, Edmunds dyno'd it and discovered 227 lb-ft at the wheels!

Hyundai_Genesis_Dyno_Chart.jpg

Not only did they get 227 lb-ft of torque at the wheels, they got 197 HP when making the dyno runs in fourth gear. If we work backwards using the rule of thumb 15% driveline losses for RWD cars, we see the approximate output the turbo four is 261 lb-ft of torque and 226 HP at the flywheel. Roughly about 7% more horsepower and a whopping 17% more torque than Hyundai states. Either Edmunds got a goosed version or the customers will be happily getting more bang for their buck. [Edmunds Straightline]

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
I drove a 2.0T Coupe and a 3.8GT Track Package Coupe the other day. Both were sick as hell. I love Hyundai's. :)

However, it does kinda piss me off that not too long ago, everyone (not here) was ripping on this car. But now that AMS has one, whoooa it's cool!

No need to sugar coat anything, people here were ripping on them too. Hyundai has made huuuuuuuuge strides towards making a quality product over the last 8-10 years and continue to do so. The Genesis, coupe and sedan, is an awesome car especially for the price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info