Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
what is this feeling that is coming over me....3 hyundai's that i do want...wtf

We've seen plenty of spy shots and teasers showing Hyundai's new flagship luxury sedan, the Equus. These, however, are the first official images of the big South Korean luxury car that appear to be from an actual brochure. The Equus is about 7 inches longer, 1.5 inches wider and has a wheelbase nearly 4.5 inches longer than the Genesis, but will launch in South Korea using the same 3.8L V6 and 4.6L V8 currently used by Hyundai's large sedan in the U.S. A more powerful 5.0L V8 producing upwards of 420 horsepower will also reportedly be offered sometime after launch.

If the Genesis is aimed at the BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class, then the Equus has its sites set squarely on vehicles like the 7 Series, S-Class and Lexus LS460. It is still not known whether Hyundai will sell the Equus in the U.S., though with a base price of 130,000,000 South Korean won (about $93,471 USD), it would be the automaker's most ambitious U.S. offering by far. Hyundai is no doubt watching sales of the Genesis very closely to see if the brand can hold its own in the image-obsessed luxury segments, and early signs in terms of sales and critical success are positive. Whether or not that means the U.S. is ready for such an expensive Hyundai remains to be seen.

hyundai-equus-official-1.jpg

hyundai-equus-official-2.jpg

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
seems ure wrong about that
January sales numbers seem to support the automaker's claim. While nearly every other car manufacturer reported double-digit sales declines last month, Hyundai sales were up 14.3% compared to the same period last year. Krafcik credits the sales increase to the publicity surrounding the Genesis sedan being named the North American Car of the Year, and its unique Assurance program. Only two customers have returned cars under the program, and the automaker is committed to run it until the end of 2009... plenty of time to be applied towards a new Genesis Coupe which is scheduled to roll into showrooms later this month.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I'll give anything a chance once. Maybe twice. I did for Honda and now i respect them.(except civics)

I looked at Hyundai at the auto show and they were just the same as everything else. I like how they priced them way cheaper than thier competitors but i dont like them. Like how i dont like VW cause they're too plain. I love the G8 and GM stuff cause it still has brand recognition. Even looking at ford yesterday at the auto show thier cars are looking to plain and has cues from other cars out there. Just not for me

Last edited:

asainchris

loves cigs
Feb 10, 2009
Geneva
They offer what customers want at a affordable price. For Hyundai to offer a car like that is to soon. They need to establish their name more. I do think that Hyundai is in the right direction finally step up to be a known company to compete against the bigger companys. I remember 2 years ago when my manager at Honda told me that Hyundai is going to be the next big company. He did leave Honda and now works at Hyundai as a Sales Manager.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info