Hyundai Equus: First official images hit web

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
what is this feeling that is coming over me....3 hyundai's that i do want...wtf

We've seen plenty of spy shots and teasers showing Hyundai's new flagship luxury sedan, the Equus. These, however, are the first official images of the big South Korean luxury car that appear to be from an actual brochure. The Equus is about 7 inches longer, 1.5 inches wider and has a wheelbase nearly 4.5 inches longer than the Genesis, but will launch in South Korea using the same 3.8L V6 and 4.6L V8 currently used by Hyundai's large sedan in the U.S. A more powerful 5.0L V8 producing upwards of 420 horsepower will also reportedly be offered sometime after launch.

If the Genesis is aimed at the BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class, then the Equus has its sites set squarely on vehicles like the 7 Series, S-Class and Lexus LS460. It is still not known whether Hyundai will sell the Equus in the U.S., though with a base price of 130,000,000 South Korean won (about $93,471 USD), it would be the automaker's most ambitious U.S. offering by far. Hyundai is no doubt watching sales of the Genesis very closely to see if the brand can hold its own in the image-obsessed luxury segments, and early signs in terms of sales and critical success are positive. Whether or not that means the U.S. is ready for such an expensive Hyundai remains to be seen.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
f originality. costs too much to be different and then you run the risk of failing. go w/ what works, tweak it a bit and toss it out there. its a smart move in todays crap market

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
maybe, but id rock the genesis and this equus in a heartbeat. after sitting in the genesis at last years auto show, i was sold

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Its not original enough to me. They took everyone's designs and put it into one car. Its really not that impressive.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
aside from the obnoxious price, it looks good...and thats good enough for me

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Its not original enough to me. They took everyone's designs and put it into one car. Its really not that impressive.
Everyone does that to everyone else. Original = ugly nowadays.

Angus

Reaction score
Everyone does that to everyone else. Original = ugly nowadays.
which will be a problem for them because everyone then just cares about a logo or badge on a car... it's not about looks and design anymore then, it's about brand name, and hyndai is not at the top of that list...

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
seems ure wrong about that
January sales numbers seem to support the automaker's claim. While nearly every other car manufacturer reported double-digit sales declines last month, Hyundai sales were up 14.3% compared to the same period last year. Krafcik credits the sales increase to the publicity surrounding the Genesis sedan being named the North American Car of the Year, and its unique Assurance program. Only two customers have returned cars under the program, and the automaker is committed to run it until the end of 2009... plenty of time to be applied towards a new Genesis Coupe which is scheduled to roll into showrooms later this month.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Having driven the Genesis sedan and a Jaguar XF (non-supercharged) within a few days of each other, IMO the Genesis is right up there with the Jag. It has more power, too. And for $20,000 less.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll give anything a chance once. Maybe twice. I did for Honda and now i respect them.(except civics)

I looked at Hyundai at the auto show and they were just the same as everything else. I like how they priced them way cheaper than thier competitors but i dont like them. Like how i dont like VW cause they're too plain. I love the G8 and GM stuff cause it still has brand recognition. Even looking at ford yesterday at the auto show thier cars are looking to plain and has cues from other cars out there. Just not for me

Last edited:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
exactly.

And TOYOTA royally sucks as well

UWISHU1

Reaction score
I like it, those who say Hyundai sucks haven't driven one lately. For the price you get a lot of car.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
We already have this car here, its a Lexus LS460

holy christ, how do you make a car look THAT similar to another and no get sued...

infiniti M series + Lexus LS = that

now it does look sexy/hot, but i'm just sayin

asainchris

loves cigs
Reaction score
They offer what customers want at a affordable price. For Hyundai to offer a car like that is to soon. They need to establish their name more. I do think that Hyundai is in the right direction finally step up to be a known company to compete against the bigger companys. I remember 2 years ago when my manager at Honda told me that Hyundai is going to be the next big company. He did leave Honda and now works at Hyundai as a Sales Manager.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Reaction score
More cars that look like other cars. Fuck them. The only respect I give them is for building a 4.6 that destroys the Mustang's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom