Hybrid vs EV buying - what would you get for 30-50k today?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Need more info on driving habits, but i'm a x2 for model 3 long range. You guys don't use your truck for camping? And did I read correctly it's 300 miles round trip or is that one way? If round trip just charge it there, NBD. If she's driving a fusion hybrid right now and getting 45mpg, is there any noticeable room for improvement with efficiency by just going to another hybrid? I wouldn't think so, especially if you swap to a more luxurious car like a bmw or caddy.

Aaaand if she drives a lot of highway miles then just take the hybrid idea and scrap it. If you go on a road trip that's 300+ miles away, take your truck.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Need more info on driving habits, but i'm a x2 for model 3 long range. You guys don't use your truck for camping? And did I read correctly it's 300 miles round trip or is that one way? If round trip just charge it there, NBD. If she's driving a fusion hybrid right now and getting 45mpg, is there any noticeable room for improvement with efficiency by just going to another hybrid? I wouldn't think so, especially if you swap to a more luxurious car like a bmw or caddy.

Aaaand if she drives a lot of highway miles then just take the hybrid idea and scrap it. If you go on a road trip that's 300+ miles away, take your truck.

Xzilon Interior & Exterior Protection $2,595
LoJack $1,595

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I like the simplicity of straight EV and would own the hell out of one for daily commuting and short trips. PHEV seems like a complex solution for a problem that 99.9% of americans do not have: the need to drive more than 350-400 miles without charging or refilling

I also generally don't trust the manufacturers that make PHEV's, lots more stuff to break than a regular EV.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

don't forget private party in IL is the way.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I like the simplicity of straight EV and would own the hell out of one for daily commuting and short trips. PHEV seems like a complex solution for a problem that 99.9% of americans do not have: the need to drive more than 350-400 miles without charging or refilling

I also generally don't trust the manufacturers that make PHEV's, lots more stuff to break than a regular EV.

honda's setup id argue is less or equivalently complicated to it's ICE counterpart.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

That second one is a solid deal.

Reactions: Eagle

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

Love the idea. Hate the wheels. Second option much better than the first on account of the miles on #1.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Love the idea. Hate the wheels. Second option much better than the first on account of the miles on #1.
Those covers come off and they basically look like old ctsv wheels.

C76098A7-1D63-4F26-AB11-01D49DFF5E44.jpeg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The GT is basically Mach-E territory price wise.

Am I the only one that is completely turned off from buying when there is MSRP markup? I'm seeing damn near 20%!

I mean it really makes me want to say screw the whole thing!:mad:

where are you seeing MSRP markup?

most two recent brand new work truck's ive bought, ordered out, were under MSRP.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info