• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hybrid Trilogy Install

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I picked up a slightly used Trilogy supercharger from Hotford, he upgraded to a twin screw, all the other Trilogy accessories were kept on his car, I got the SC with a 3.0 upper pully, and a stock Trilogy lower pully. As more Trilogy owners make the transition to twin screw their old superchargers will become more and more available. Hopefully this thread will help someone else put a kit together.

IMG_0794.jpg~original

The rotors show no visible signs of wear
IMG_0806.jpg~original

All of the Trilogy specific parts will have to be fabricated, unfortunatly they are now out of the Marauder market. Here is what I did to make the IC reservoir bracket

IMG_0717.jpg~original

IMG_0719.jpg~original

These were easy to make, I used a piece of angled 1-1/2" aluminum stock and hit them with 2 coats primer, 3 coats semi gloss paint, then 2 coats of matte finish clear coat. I began by making a cardboard cut out of the fender contour, then transfered it to the aluminum stock

IMG_0722.jpg~original

To install the bracket you have to remove the mount for the shock that supports the hood with a 1/2" deep socket.

IMG_0721.jpg~original

You will need to put a flat screwdriver through the slot to remove the shock

IMG_0723.jpg~original

Give it a pull and it comes right out

IMG_0724.jpg~original

Slide the bracket into place then reinstall the shock for the hood

IMG_0727.jpg~original

I made the mount so it has 3 points to bolt to the fender, this will keep the reservoir from vibrating while driving, heres a pic with the reservoir in place
IMG_0731.jpg~original

The short bracket I made goes under the reservoir to give it strength, soo it's a sandwich design. I didn't feel comfortable bolting directly to the bottom of the plastic unit.

Here is a side shot of the install

IMG_0733.jpg~original

I fabbed up some PCV hard lines out of 5/8" aluminum tubing, the ends are flared. My plan is to paint them black or maybe polish them
IMG_0734.jpg~original

Now I have plenty of clearance for the top hose to connect to the reservoir

IMG_0736.jpg~original

Before attempting to install the heat exchanger I had to make a horn relocate bracket. I used a piece of 1-1/4" aluminum flat stock (be sure to heat the aluminum with a torch before bending it). I decided to reuse the stock horn mount, all I had to do is flip the horns on the bracket to reverse the orientation for additional clearance
IMG_0744.jpg~original

Make sure the new bracket does not contact the evaporator core
IMG_0747.jpg~original

Now is also a good time to relocate the Ambient Temp sensor. I always solder the connectors, crimp connectors have a higher possibility of failure from corrosion

IMG_0749.jpg~original

Cut the wires to the sensor diffrent lengths so there is no chance of having a short
IMG_0748.jpg~original

A pair of helping hands is a good tool to have
IMG_0751.jpg~original

After the solder cools hit them with shrink tape and a heat gun. Last wrap them in wire loom and secure the harness to the car with tywraps

IMG_0755.jpg~original

The ambient temp sensor was relocated down below where the air diverter is located. Here is a shot of the new mount for the sensor. I used a nut from a brass 3/8" NPT connector
IMG_0781.jpg~original

It bolts through the center piece of hardware on the diverter. I added some weatherstripping to the back side of the diverter to seal the gap thats created by adding the bracket.
IMG_0785.jpg~original

Here is the sensor in place
IMG_0787.jpg~original

Now all thats done I got the heat exchanger fabbed up. I used some 1-1/2" angled aluminum stock and some leftover 5/8" SS pipe. I wanted to use materials that even if the paint chips rust wont be an issue down the road.

IMG_0761.jpg~original

IMG_0760.jpg~original

IMG_0763.jpg~original

For the bottom mounts I had to break out the Dewalt close quater drill. This came in very handy for getting holes drilled in tight spots

IMG_0757.jpg~original

IMG_0758.jpg~original

Here is a shot of the stud inplace
IMG_0756.jpg~original

IMG_0762.jpg~original

Before you install the IC pump its a good idea to extend the wire harness to the proper length.
IMG_0775.jpg~original

I did'nt use the SS sheet metal screws included with the I/C pump kit from frozenboost.com. I drilled it out and installed nuts with nylon inserts and bolts to keep the hardware from vibrating loose.
IMG_0766.jpg~original

Here's the pump installed. It wasn't tightened down when I took this pic.
IMG_0776.jpg~original

Wire harness installed
IMG_0779.jpg~original

Here is the relay I'm using for the pump. I picked it up from a local 4x4 shop, it's waterproof on both ends (wireharness and relay housing)
IMG_0792.jpg~original

I went ahead and finished wiring the relay for the I/C pump. Here's where I put the weatherproof relay
IMG_0818.jpg~original

I installed the KB BAP and put it on the inside of the rail to keep the carpet cover in its original form. I put rubber bumpers on the back side of the BAP to avoid any metal to metal contact on these tough Mississippi roads
IMG_0934.jpg~original

I put the adjustment knob here after I cut out the extra mile of cable they include with the kit.
IMG_0936.jpg~original

I started the modification the I/C flange for the Trilogy adapter plate.
The easiest way to do this is to install the bolts that do line up then transfer the hole pattern to the I/C flange
IMG_0803.jpg~original

I used my Daughter's paint kit to mark the bolt patern to the I/C flange
IMG_0804.jpg~original

This is what it looks like after drilling all the holes out
IMG_0805.jpg~original

One thing I didn't have to do was drill the adapter plate for an IAT sensor. This is a revision Trilogy made years after making the mistake of leaving it in the stock Marauder MAF.
While I was at it I soldered the brass fittings for the boost guage and FRPS mod
IMG_0816.jpg~original

The Eaton lower intake has to be modified to fit the Trilogy. This wedge has to be removed
IMG_0795.jpg~original

Here it is after the removal
IMG_0799.jpg~original

Got everything together for the assembly. I sourced the exact same hardware Trilogy used in their kit.
IMG_0814.jpg~original

Here it is ready to go
IMG_0807.jpg~original

My hose manifold finally showed up from CNC :)

I plan on keeping the stock lower tstat location. This manifold will allow me to route the upper radiator hose, tstat bypass hose, and two 3/4" barbed fittings for both cylinder heads.

IMG_0825.jpg~original

IMG_0826.jpg~original

This is how I plan on burping the system. 5/8" hose to a tall funnel. The barbed fitting is removed after burping the system, a flush (allen head) plug is installed in its place.

IMG_0838.jpg~original

I made these fittings to delete the COT, they have a left/right orientation. I want the PS hose to route as low as possible. I want the DS hose to become the high spot in the system (no need to jack up the front end to burp the system). The air gap is installed on the DS.

IMG_0831.jpg~original

IMG_0832.jpg~original

IMG_0837.jpg~original

I installed one of my 5/8" cooling mods. No clearance issues whatsoever :)
IMG_0861.jpg~original

DS cooling mod fitting
IMG_0862.jpg~original

I will finish routing the output of the cooling mod to the heater core inlet (Siege's hose routing mod) after I install the wiper cowl. I already plumed the output of the heater core to the pipe that runs under the lower intake to the back of the water pump
IMG_0865.jpg~original

I wanted to keep the knock sensor in the stock location so this is what I came up with to keep it there
IMG_0919.jpg~original

I drilled/tapped, then put a stud through the original boss. The sensor is held with a lock washer and nut with a nylon insert
IMG_0918.jpg~original

One of the biggest hurdles was figuring out how to make a throttle cable bracket. This is what I came up with
IMG_0927.jpg~original

IMG_0926.jpg~original

IMG_0925.jpg~original

I used Terry's Eaton Swap brackets, the SC tensioner bracket had to be shortened 5/16" to line up with the SC belt. I went ahead and polished them while I was at it. They work great without any issues. I also used a Roush 3 bolt tensioner for the SC belt. Cant beat it for $120.00

Here it is after all the work was done :))))) It started right up on the first crank
IMG_0930.jpg~original

IMG_0931.jpg~original

IMG_0928.jpg~original

Last edited:

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I"ve been WAY to busy with work lately. I got a little time for myself to fix a few things that's been bugging me. This is my DD and has been running me to and from work for a few months since I SC'ed it without any issues. First repair was the belt slip I've noticed on the high end of the RPM range. I'm currently running a 3.0 upper with a stock Trilogy lower with a Gates 080505 belt. (Its the only belt that fits without prying a belt over the SC pully). The easiest and most affordable fix is to swap to a larger tensioner idler pully.
I ordered a Metco 90mm double bearing pully for $56.00, (the stock DIA is 76mm). Terry's bracket had to be grinded on the bottom to allow clearance for the tensioner arm to move

IMG_0962.jpg~original

Belt slip is no longer a problem! :jg:
It took a few test fittings to get the exact amount of material removed from the underside of Terry's SC tensioner bracket. Well worth it since now i'm not maxxed out on the tensioner range.
IMG_0963.jpg~original

I got rid of the stock heater hoses and installed new one's. They were old and started getting hard, i noticed this when I installed the cooling mod but decided to put it on the back burner. The part number for the two hoses with the 90* bend and the correct reducing I.D. is Dayco PN#D87604.

They worked great. I was able to route the input around the back side if the EVAP sensor.
IMG_0958.jpg~original

Here is a before picture using the stock heater hoses. The original blocked the trans dip stick and sat out way too far
IMG_0930.jpg~original

I also serviced the trans with a new filter and fluids, added a trans drain plug to the pan to make future fluid swaps easier.
IMG_0968.jpg~original

Last edited:

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
^^^^Nope, I haven't been to the dyno as of yet, I'm street tuning it for now.

I got a custom tune from Mo's Speed shop, the trans shift schedule sucks when compared to Zack's tune but I'm tweaking it closer to my liking. Main thing is I haven't gone lean...... Yet.....

Im fixing the MO's trans tune for Rex's car this week, he had the same complaint.
Im going to send him my file right now to use on other customers cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info