Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/19/ford-mustang-hybrid-ev-awd/

help

The best details, believe me

While Ford is taking power to the extreme with the upcoming GT500, the automaker is embracing the green scene with its first hybrid Mustang, set to debut at an unspecified time next year. Plus, it should help "further unlock Mustang's potential" in other global markets, Holter said. While the*hybrid*will be more efficient, it won't be boring, still catering to performance enthusiasts with "V8 levels of power and even more torque."

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
View the following statement from the article as a bullshit filler, especially with the mpgs the GT gets in comparison to HPs. Personally, viewing all sports cars. I’m quite good about the mpgs as compared to guilty and question the author’s truthfulness.

Also - to sit in a blan, quiet electric / hybrid mustang, camaro, challenger, etc is not appealing.

“Some of us (well, maybe just this particular author) feel a tinge of guilt, though, when we fire it up and lustfully rev the engine. We can't help but think of the fuel it gulps on our spirited commutes home. For those of us with a heavy conscience, it looks like we'll be getting a greener offering in the form of a hybrid Mustang some time in 2019, according to a Detroit Bureau interview with Ford Group Marketing Manager Corey Holter.”

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I will admit, there's no replacement for nice noises. If they could make this something where the car is idling on engine power and is using the electric motor for a power boost and for cruising (theoretically the only time the engine would shut down) then I can see people being all for it.

The Tesla is faster than the Ghibli by a factor of multiples but sometimes you just want to turn a car on, hear it drown out the sounds of nature, pop and gurgle on downshifts, etc. I think the original 2014 Ghiblis had an engine start stop feature for stoplights and I just can't think of a worse car to have that on. It's like putting a start stop function on a Ferrari. Aint nobody got time fo dat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info