Ford Hybrid Mustang coming next year

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/19/ford-mustang-hybrid-ev-awd/

help

The best details, believe me

While Ford is taking power to the extreme with the upcoming GT500, the automaker is embracing the green scene with its first hybrid Mustang, set to debut at an unspecified time next year. Plus, it should help "further unlock Mustang's potential" in other global markets, Holter said. While the*hybrid*will be more efficient, it won't be boring, still catering to performance enthusiasts with "V8 levels of power and even more torque."

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
View the following statement from the article as a bullshit filler, especially with the mpgs the GT gets in comparison to HPs. Personally, viewing all sports cars. I’m quite good about the mpgs as compared to guilty and question the author’s truthfulness.

Also - to sit in a blan, quiet electric / hybrid mustang, camaro, challenger, etc is not appealing.

“Some of us (well, maybe just this particular author) feel a tinge of guilt, though, when we fire it up and lustfully rev the engine. We can't help but think of the fuel it gulps on our spirited commutes home. For those of us with a heavy conscience, it looks like we'll be getting a greener offering in the form of a hybrid Mustang some time in 2019, according to a Detroit Bureau interview with Ford Group Marketing Manager Corey Holter.”

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Hybrid assist for power with a side benefit of improved mpg would be fine with me for most any vehicle. But if it performs worse with the goal of better mpg, then I am a no.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Fuck your Tesla give me a Mustang with 800wtq and 0-60 in 3.5 or less.

Tesla can keep its autopilot too. Ill never be a passenger sitting in the front left seat............

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
I would be good with a hybrid sports car if it performs and sounds like a sports car and not a Prius or Volt.

550 hp AWD hybrid mustang that performs and sound like a sports car, yet gets solid mpgs would be a hit.

dom418

Reaction score
You’d never see that atrocity in my garage

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Ya'll are the same people that wouldn't trade in their horse for a horseless carriage.

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
The electric motor would be like a power adder to the engine. My Jetta is set up that way. In sport mode both the gas engine and electric motor combine to give max power. My guess is the mustang will be set up the same.

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
The question I think everyone is thinking is will they team it up with a little crappy motor, like my Fusion.

Or will they team it up with their better/best motor, the 5.0L like Porsche does with their Panamera E-Hybrid Turbo.

I think most everyone would vote for the latter.

YoushallgoFo

Reaction score
If it's as fast as a current mustang I'd gladly drive one if it was all electric

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I think its awesome. Frankly, I need a v8 rumble with my Mustang...but I think its a cool product offering.

2QuikTA

Reaction score
I think its awesome. Frankly, I need a v8 rumble with my Mustang...but I think its a cool product offering.
Technically couldn’t they just give it a fake v8 rumble to appease some of the masses?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
no, no it doesn't make sense.

but i understand why people like them in that aspect, just like harley's.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
if it don't go, hopefully it looks & sounds good.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
I will admit, there's no replacement for nice noises. If they could make this something where the car is idling on engine power and is using the electric motor for a power boost and for cruising (theoretically the only time the engine would shut down) then I can see people being all for it.

The Tesla is faster than the Ghibli by a factor of multiples but sometimes you just want to turn a car on, hear it drown out the sounds of nature, pop and gurgle on downshifts, etc. I think the original 2014 Ghiblis had an engine start stop feature for stoplights and I just can't think of a worse car to have that on. It's like putting a start stop function on a Ferrari. Aint nobody got time fo dat.

YoushallgoFo

Reaction score
Just put some baseball cards in the spokes and it'll sound fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom