• Mention TCG and get 10% off service when visiting RAM Auto & Tire

Site Sponsor Huge thanks to Rodger!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I waited to post this till today, so that it would be seen more than over a holiday weekend.

I have to give a HUGE thanks to Rodger ( SRT41320 SRT41320) and his shop RAM Auto & Tire for the work done on my old crusty Silverado. She's back to be 100% mechanically, and even though it is rusting away, I expect to get a few more years out of it now. It started with a bad front passenger-side airbag sensor, which CMNTMXR57 CMNTMXR57 was able to diagnose. Then the 4WD went out, and after some basic troubleshooting I was unable to determine the root cause. Turned out to be the transfer case (encoder motor). Lastly, since it was determined the truck was for the most part solid, I asked them to replace my trailer receiver/hitch, since it had been structurally compromised, thanks to all the nice road salt used during the winter.

I'm delighted to have the truck back, and am looking forward to taking it on vacation next week. If I have any new issues occur, I can guarantee I'll be taking it back to Rodger for service.

I also have to thank all the others that have recommended RAM Auto & Tire, which is what prompted me to reach out to Rodger for performing the work needed. Yes, there other shops that are closer to me, but I knew I could trust Rodger, implicitly, and that is very important to me.

1685463581078.png

*yes, that is my bicycle in the back of the truck. Dropped off the truck and rode the 30 miles back home... and then five days later the 30 miles back to pick it up.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
how long did it take you to bike 30 miles ?
Surprisingly, about 2 1/2 hours. I made much better time than I had expected, especially having to go through Dundee and Elgin. Going from LITH to home is mostly downhill, and I wasn't exactly looking forward to the uphill ride, but did pretty good.

Ride home from the shop:
1685475999760.png

And the ride back up to the shop, which included intentionally going past my turn to look for a better way to access the industrial park from the trail. There wasn't, so I had to backtrack.
1685476008758.png

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Awesome! Wish I could take advantage of RAM’s awesome service. I have zero free time these days and things I’d like to get done.

Seriously. The one mechanic I trusted with my cars retired a couple years ago and I still haven't found another one I like.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Awesome. I will be calling him to do some work on the grand Marquis.. I was going to say no way I’d ride my bike the 12 miles down busy ass roads but after looking at the map.. the prairie trail goes from my neighborhood almost all the way there. ? 12 mi ride.
Since I was coming from the south, I was able to cut through the subdivision south of the industrial park, which has an underpass for Pyott Rd. You then ride through a small park to get to its entrance. That places you across the street and just a few hundred feet from Imhoff, which has a dedicated right turn lane to scoot down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info