HS Sports In Jeopardy in IL?

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Second link has district employee compensation. No money for kids sports...but plenty for nice paychecks! Wouldn't be surprised to see more and more of this happening as local IL governments run out of money, and taxpayers already being stretched to the max.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/g00/suburbs/hinsdale/news/ct-dhd-district-86-cuts-football-swimming-tl-1220-story.html

https://d86.hinsdale86.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=748&dataid=4789&FileName=IMRF Disclosure 18-19.pdf

Friday nights may be quiet next fall at the football stadiums at Hinsdale Central and Hinsdale South high schools. The lights may be off and the stands may be empty, based on the decisions the Hinsdale High School District 86 Board made Monday night to eliminate the football teams, cheerleaders and marching bands in the 2019-2020 school year.

The board voted to put a $130 million referendum on the April 2 ballot, which would provide funds to pay for upgrading security measures, making all areas of the schools handicap accessible, replacing boilers and ventilation systems and renovating technology classrooms.

Poms and the bass fishing team also were eliminated.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Don't they get sweet pensions too? I don't really know what those cost each year. I thought it was roughly an average of their last three year's salary.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
Even though those are the Rich Spoiled kids, I feel bad for them if that is true. That sucks.

OP
Ryan02Stang

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Looks like Immaculate Conception (4A state champs), Montini (5A state runners up), and Nazareth (7A state champs) are about to get some football transfers!

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
Second link has district employee compensation. No money for kids sports...but plenty for nice paychecks! Wouldn't be surprised to see more and more of this happening as local IL governments run out of money, and taxpayers already being stretched to the max.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/g00/suburbs/hinsdale/news/ct-dhd-district-86-cuts-football-swimming-tl-1220-story.html

https://d86.hinsdale86.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=748&dataid=4789&FileName=IMRF Disclosure 18-19.pdf
The bass fishing team was just out charging $5 a spot to park near the Chriskindlemarket...I guess now I know why.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Possibly an extortion measure to get their money.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks like Immaculate Conception (4A state champs), Montini (5A state runners up), and Nazareth (7A state champs) are about to get some football transfers!
Dont think Montini needs help, seems like they are in the Championship every year, lol. Awesome wrestling program as well with Izzy running it. Usually ranked in the top 10 in the country

OP
Ryan02Stang

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Dont think Montini needs help, seems like they are in the Championship every year, lol. Awesome wrestling program as well with Izzy running it. Usually ranked in the top 10 in the country
I got pinned only twice my senior year in high school (2001)...one of those fuckers was from Montini! They're always up there in football and wrestling.

Looks like Hinsdale is cutting wrestling too...so Montini might be getting some of those scraps too!

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Hinsdale kids probably couldnt crack the wrestling line up at Montini. They have IKWF State placers that havent cracked the line up because of the talent in front of them.

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Reaction score
Went to Hinsdale South and can say some of the best nights of my high school days were going to the football games. Sucks for all these kids.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Things will continue to get worse until King of Springfield and his hired court are removed from office.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
Lots of high powered attorneys live over there. Will be curious to see if any file law suits against the district.
I would be willing to bet they choose those sports to cancel just so they can get the funding they need to keep them going. As you say, lots of money and high powered people over there.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say none of the above in the article happen.
iirc they used to do this as a threat at one of the Proviso schools and it never happened.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I don't think government would get too far if they said they need more money for their big salaries... and pensions.

Imagine the IL government as a giant lesbian with a huge strap-on who is ready to deflower from behind the sweet, innocent girl in front of her. The lesbian is saying "It won't hurt at all, baby. It's going to feel really good later on."

You guys are that girl.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Can the school form an independent football club? When I played hockey in high school, it wasn't sponsored by the school. We had to cover our own expenses.

I can't see the football and marching band programs disappearing from those schools.

OP
Ryan02Stang

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Can the school form an independent football club? When I played hockey in high school, it wasn't sponsored by the school. We had to cover our own expenses.

I can't see the football and marching band programs disappearing from those schools.
Was your hockey a recognized IHSA sport, or did it have its own league?

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
I don't think government would get too far if they said they need more money for their big salaries... and pensions.

Imagine the IL government as a giant lesbian with a huge strap-on who is ready to deflower from behind the sweet, innocent girl in front of her. The lesbian is saying "It won't hurt at all, baby. It's going to feel really good later on."

You guys are that girl.
Well, I mean, that's one way to put it.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't think hockey was or is an IHSA sport.
Pretty sure your correct as a buddy of mine son played for Rita years ago.
I remember him telling me it was just a Catholic school league because IHSA didnt have ice hockey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom