• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

HPTuners 3.0 users step in!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Just installed 3.0 and licensed up the Z06!

I'm exploring around the updated Scanner and Editor, learning about VVE in the newer PCMs and trying to figure out if the old way of scanning (what I learned and applied to LS1 MAF and VE tuning). Seems like much of the stuff is the same, but I'm still reading up on the virtual VE tweaking.

Considering a WB O2 because I know that makes tuning on LS1 motors easy peezy and from what I read, looks like it does the same for LS2,3,7 etc.

Anyone else using 3.0 yet?

:jg:

Found a few custom E38 PCM configs today to get me started in the right direction so I don't have to create all the custom histograms (now called "layouts"). Here's the one for VE AFR Error as an example:

7332721c4bc94241ded2d39650dfbf48.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
do you sleep. ever.

A lil bit here and there! :D

That's cool that you're going to take it on yourself. I give this a 10sec approved :fy:

Let's not jump to conclusions yet. The car still has an appointment at Speed coming up at the end of the month... But much like the TA, it went on the rollers and had its tune adjusted a couple times... But I still went in and continued tweaking things afterwards.

It's a necessary evil to adjust a SD tuned car to get the most out of it depending on weather mainly, but also by fuel type.

I'm looking forward to getting my fingers E-dirty with HPT!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I loved doing it, GP's are way easier to do than what you're doing though. I just loved to see the car go from shit pig rich to just right, and at the same time feel the difference in how the car behaved during normal driving and WOT. Too much liability though to tune other peoples cars. :hs:

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I tried the new version of hpt but for whatever reason I had access to way less tables than I did with the older version. Since I'm tuning on a pcm that's not had a lot of Dev time for quite a while I decided to stick with the older version. All the fuel tables and values for injectors was not accessible along with VE. I didn't look to deep into it because there wasnt really anything I was gaining by running 3.0 so why ruin a good thing. You on the other hand probably have some nifty updates to take advantage of.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yeah, if you're still working LS1 tunes, nothing much to gain on 3.0.

Still a little sad they didn't include an "auto tune" function yet, but maybe soon.

VVE is something you get in 3.0 - but then again, I think they had it back in 2.24 also. :dunno:

I think I have versions of HPT saved back to maybe right when 2.0 came around? I've been playing with LS cars for years in HPT... come to think of it, might be 10 years this year! :eek4:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I have the latest version on my laptop that used to provide info to HPT on my EcoBoost Mustang. Sadly its a long ways away from being any good on the EcoBoost platform. I played around with 3.0 on the Camaro but there really is nothing else added to the latest version that is useful for the old LS1. I'm still going to use the old version on my old laptop for the Camaro.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info