• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical HP Tuners update question

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I have a vehicle I want to purchase credits for to do some tweaks however I don’t want to update my version of HPT. I’ve made tweaks to vehicles I’ve already tuned before and it hasn’t asked to update but that was with the laptop offline.

Is there a method to do so without the program automatically trying to update itself?

I do have a link (atleast I believe it is still good) with a bunch of older versions but if I can avoid messing with uninstalling and reinstalling etc I’d rather that route.

Thanks

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
You can buy credits without updating, just resync the interface under the help pulldown. What you can't do is open updated files or say email a file to somebody that has updated.

Even if you do update it just takes away the option to clear mils for emissions so it's not like it's a huge deal

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
To clarify what I meant by the email thing, say your using it to upload a remote file your tuner has sent, you'll have to have it updated to their newer version or you won't be able to open it. But I don't know anybody that's tryin to shut that stuff these days with the way they cracked down on it anyway

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
It's the beginning of the end, guys. :(
1663880039068.png

• Wow
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Okay. I finally have everything working. It took me about an hour and a half to figure out what the hell was going on and why. There's a lot of registration and stuff involved, but it works as it did before just with some extra red tape.

I noticed that MPVI3 exists now. I wonder what that might be about.... I probably don't want to know.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm on 4.x and mvpi1. I won't update and have yet to get any of those questions.
Weird. I completely deleted and reinstalled 4.3 and still had the same errors. If you aren't forced to update, don't fucking do it. I think it's because of your hardware. MPVI1 has been exempt from all kinds of nonsense. I would have bought one if I was able to find one with Pro, but it's too late now.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I made a backup copy of my hpt.db file. Not sure what is in it but for reference it's 33.6mb according to Windows.

Sounds like I should really spend the credits now to license the boxes I want to, it'd probably be 3-400 bucks but if I could VIN clone the ECUs then meh.

I'll also say that I hope someone scrapes the HPT web forum. That could easily go away at this point.

Reactions: sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info