3800 HP Tuners is extremely cool!!

I just wanted to tell anyone who was thinking of getting a editing and monitoring software that this software is really amazing!! The thing is so much faster than my old Alex pepper scan tool... before I was able to monitor one thing at a time and it wasn't even as fast as real time.... this scanner will scan over two dozen things at once at faster than real time!!!

The editing software is alot easier to use than I thought... I really felt I would be lost, but it really is simple once you see it. The actual writing times are what really impress me... only 20 seconds it takes to write any new changes I do!!!!!!

I already added some timing across the RPM band, ajusted my MAF tables for a ZO6 MAF and adjusted some of the fueling to maximize it all, and HOLY freaking sh*t did this car wake up!!! I also got rid of the govener, and adusted my fans for the 160 stat... the car sits practically perfect at 175 degrees during the worst heat!!

Really nice software, and highly recomended if anyone was thinking about it do it!! If you want to see one working just tell me next time you see me and Ill show you all it's functions!

Ohh yeah I wanted to add at the track the other night while waiting in the staging lanes we wrote the PCM 3 different times before even getting upto the line. Now that is fast!!

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
i have played around with this software and it is extremely nice and easy to use, the scan tool is amazing too, it scans 5-6 times as fast as my LS1m does, and with the fast scan times, it allows you to see more of what is going on with the car. when i get my car back i will be tuning it with the HP Tuners package.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Definetly nice software... I've been working on tuning my VE tables and have been making some nice progress... car is setup to pass emissions :) (well ... non visual inspection ...) ...

Definetly alot better than the previous LS1 software available... (LS1 Edit ... cost me 200 bux ontop of the 550 i paid for it... cause it lost communication during a write and couldn't recover the PCM... had to have a dealership reflash, then bought a spare PCM in case it happened to me in the future... not a issue w/HPT)

Been running it for a while and I'm happy with it :)

Originally posted by horist@Aug 17 2004, 10:11 PM
Definetly nice software... I've been working on tuning my VE tables and have been making some nice progress... car is setup to pass emissions :) (well ... non visual inspection ...) ...

Definetly alot better than the previous LS1 software available... (LS1 Edit ... cost me 200 bux ontop of the 550 i paid for it... cause it lost communication during a write and couldn't recover the PCM... had to have a dealership reflash, then bought a spare PCM in case it happened to me in the future... not a issue w/HPT)

Been running it for a while and I'm happy with it :)
What does VE stand for again??? :D

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Intense sells it... http://www.intense-racing.com/ more info available on www.hptuners.com

as far as changing for injectors see attachment... change the Injector Flow Rate vs KPA for the injector increase , then change the PE table , and fine tune w/the Volumetric Efficiency (VE) table ... the formula I used for changing from 26lb to 42lb (both at 3 bar) was new injector/old injector, i got 162 .. so I scalled my IFR table by 162% then , and I'm currently in the process of hand tuning/smoothign my VE table using LTRIMS and STRIMS and the built in Histogram from the scanner

For scanning it'll scan any GM ODBII car ... for editing you have to purchase whatever year and model you want ... it is locked to that year/model (so you if you a friend w/the same year GTP you could split the cost and it'll be able to edit both PCMs) ... I have a license for an 04 GTP and a 2002 LS1 F-Body (my PCM is a 2002 OS right now...) , Jared has a license for a 2004 LS1 GTO ... but these licenses are only for writing... for scanning they'll work on any GM ODBII car

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
:unsure: Gezz...
I've used the MAFT+ and ICCU (still learning here) and I thought I had some knowledge in tuning. That screenshot just blows whatever I know away. Looks like you can do mighty powerful stuff with that tool!!

Is there a college class I can go to learn that program!? :blink: :eek: It looks cool and dangerous.

J.E.T.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
The only reason why I am waiting for the DHP Powertuner is because I noticed Charles has a PocketPC version available.

Do you guys know if there is a PocketPC version of the HPTuners software? I am sorta sick of having to lug my laptop around when I could use my handheld to scan/edit...

I checked on intense's website but didnt see a PPC version, does anyone know if its in the making?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info