• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

HP Tuner Question...

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Now that I have a LS vehicle again, I dug up my HP Tuner. My laptop has been out of commission for about a year or so with a broken screen. I figured the cost to fix it would be as much as a new laptop.

The install CD is V2.0... Now I never did a HPT software, soooo my main question is that if I buy a new laptop, would I still be able to install 2.0 on there even though my I had previously installed in on a prior computer?

Basically, in short, I am looking for any licensing issues or compatibility issues if I try to install and update the software on a new computer.

Also if there is no issue and buying a new laptop is the easiest, what kind of laptop would TCG recommend? Ive been used to buying HP. But I am open to the ideas of other makes.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Ok, Windows 10 runs the latest HPT (v3.0) without any issue. So most any new laptop shouldn't challenge you from a HPT standpoint.

Your licensing, credits and your ability to download the latest software are all tied to the SN on your MPVI interface. Get that serial, get into hptuners.com, login or register with your serial and download the latest software. You can also download your latest application key to re-attach all your credits (used and unused) to your newest install.

Should be good to go at that point!

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Ok, Windows 10 runs the latest HPT (v3.0) without any issue. So most any new laptop shouldn't challenge you from a HPT standpoint.

Your licensing, credits and your ability to download the latest software are all tied to the SN on your MPVI interface. Get that serial, get into hptuners.com, login or register with your serial and download the latest software. You can also download your latest application key to re-attach all your credits (used and unused) to your newest install.

Should be good to go at that point!

Sounds good! I know when I bought HPT, it was private party. I did switch everything to my name. I'll just have to remember my s/n and password :rofl:

But you don't think there will be an issue installing the 2.0 disk and upgrading from there?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info