How to make a Terminator Cobra better......

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Drive by wire sucks, so much lag in the pedal feel

I wouldn't agree with that in the coyote I have driven. My BMW is excellent with it. It is something that can also be easily fixed with a tune.

Plus so much more you can do with drive by wire. Power management with traction control, throttle closures to help boost response, keep turbos spooled, throttle pedal % to throttle blade angle rates, and so on.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
[MENTION=10105]GTPpower[/MENTION]

By context that 04 F150 is 15 years old......

DBW and computers capabilities are far better now.

Comparing coyote computers to an 04 F150 doesnt make much sense.

Why do you think they switched the 03/04 whatever year termi that is to use a coyote computer?

Obviously its far more capable than what it came with in 03/04....

Again using a STOCK OEM computer on an older car and reteofitting it all to work truely impresses me.

No mega buck Holley EFI or AEM engine management needed here!!

Next step I believe is going to be Transmission tuning especially with the next GT500 going DCT transmission and even stock GM/Ford 10 speed tuning can make a massive difference.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Huh? Its the same isnt it? Just the Voodoo firing order is different due to flat plane crank.

Cross plan crank coyote and modulars would be the same I think?

:thinking: Thats a good question.

Honestly easy enough to rearrange the cos too LOL!

Coyote_Firing_Order.png

Modular_Firing_Order.png

Voodoo_Firing_Order.png

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
I wouldn't agree with that in the coyote I have driven. My BMW is excellent with it. It is something that can also be easily fixed with a tune.

Plus so much more you can do with drive by wire. Power management with traction control, throttle closures to help boost response, keep turbos spooled, throttle pedal % to throttle blade angle rates, and so on.

I would agree with you but i am exempt from tuning(for now) and refuse to buy the $300+ pedal commander

Therefore it sucks....rev matching for downshifts...there is so much delay

I could be use to the 01 though

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Could be just accustomed to the 01. It could be the factory tuning. But seeing as I have never read any review that said it was an issue with the car, I wonder.

Are you downshifting at like 5,500 rpm or are you downshifting at 1,500 rpm? Because that motor is a little "lazy" below 4,000 rpm, I wonder if it is just the rpm at which you are downshifting at? Do you know what I mean?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info