How to adjust height???

4DoorBlackTop

Reaction score
With winter coming up it looks like I will be driving the Marauder again. When I put on the snow tires the car sits lower because of simply having smaller tires and it bottoms out easier... for snow this is an issue.

I recall we can adjust the air ride I think, but can we do it with the coil over shocks up front? I was thinking of raising the height maybe two inches, I have seen it on a few police cars here, but I know CVs do not have air ride.

How simple can this be done?

MMBLUE

Reaction score
Dom, Just above the rear end housing in between the gas tank and the watts link, you will find an adjustment for the air ride. Moving it oneway goes up and the other goes the opposite. I will try to find a pic over at the other site and post it if a can find one. It looks like a 3" metal rod slightly horizontal about 3-4 inches long. I think it's an 8mm and a 11mm wrench you will need to adjust it. Don't move it too much because a little is a lot sometimes. Also, make sure you shut off the air ride switch first. Measure outside at wheel well, shut off air ride, move adjustment small increments, tighten. Measure and repeat process until you get it how you want it.

Sorry no pic. I can't find one but, here's a recent discussion Help wanna lower mm need idea's!!!!!!!! - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Dom, Just above the rear end housing in between the gas tank and the watts link, you will find an adjustment for the air ride. Moving it oneway goes up and the other goes the opposite. I will try to find a pic over at the other site and post it if a can find one. It looks like a 3" metal rod slightly horizontal about 3-4 inches long. I think it's an 8mm and a 11mm wrench you will need to adjust it. Don't move it too much because a little is a lot sometimes. Also, make sure you shut off the air ride switch first. Measure outside at wheel well, shut off air ride, move adjustment small increments, tighten. Measure and repeat process until you get it how you want it.

Sorry no pic. I can't find one but, here's a recent discussion Help wanna lower mm need idea's!!!!!!!! - MercuryMarauder.net Forums
Are ya kidding? I provided a link with pictures 4 posts ago.
:facepalm:

4DoorBlackTop

Reaction score
Bottoms out? Wtf....what size tires are you running?
I am unaware of the size off the top of my head. They are tucked away in about 20 minutes of random car crap.

The car will not bottom out on the road, but when the snow is thick... like before the city gets to plowing it, it can be an issue when pulling out of a parking space in the street. Snow is the "bottom out" issue, not the drivability.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
These cars sit surprisingly close to the bump stops stock. Lower them an inch and they hit at every good bump.

You can replace the stops with ones from the ricer aisle, or moify the stockers.

LANDY

Reaction score
I have found these cars hook better stock heght all around.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I am unaware of the size off the top of my head. They are tucked away in about 20 minutes of random car crap.

The car will not bottom out on the road, but when the snow is thick... like before the city gets to plowing it, it can be an issue when pulling out of a parking space in the street. Snow is the "bottom out" issue, not the drivability.
Get better tires? My car is low as fuck as does just fine.

LANDY

Reaction score
At the track too? my 1.50 sixty foot says uhh uhh
when i lowered my previous car it had a hard time hooking on the streets. At the track it hooked regardless.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
when i lowered my previous car it had a hard time hooking on the streets. At the track it hooked regardless.
Did you modify the bumpstops when you lowered it? If not, the car will squat and bounce back up when the frame hits the stops.

musclemerc

Reaction score
These cars sit surprisingly close to the bump stops stock. Lower them an inch and they hit at every good bump.

You can replace the stops with ones from the ricer aisle, or moify the stockers.
I agree, I went with a set of ES bump stops that were a little shorter than stock

MMBLUE

Reaction score
Are ya kidding? I provided a link with pictures 4 posts ago.
:facepalm:
Holy shit.. Everyone replied so fast. I was in the middle of a response and got taken away for a bit then posted up. I will refrain from hitting the "submit message" button next time and be sure to look first. j/k everyone was ready to bounce on this one quick.

a_d_a_m

Mr. Kickass
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I went to loosen the screws on the Watts link a few months back and one of the fuckers sheared right off. My car's from Chicago but is pretty much rust free underneath.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I went to loosen the screws on the Watts link a few months back and one of the fuckers sheared right off. My car's from Chicago but is pretty much rust free underneath.
Your shit is broke and in pieces. :hsughlol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom