Votes: 16 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
My group of friends has a discord group. Use it for our daily chat among like 10 people (way better than group textbs) Also has 3 voice channels for when we are playing various games as almost all games in game voice chat just sucks. Can also stream a game so if 3 people are playing fall guys I can watch while doing other things/work. We used it to play jackbox games during covid lockdown.

Just an example of what it looks like.

1670905663838.png

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I use it for gaming related servers and then Conflict Observer’s not safe for IG content.

Honestly not a huge fan of using it for game party chat as there’s just too much shit to dick with volume settings wise with people and I usually have audio issues when switching from controller headphone to PC audio port.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So what is the idea with this? A TCG discord?

Discord won’t replace the forum. It’s just Not a good format for builds and shit but I legit use it there same way I use Teams at work. Screen sharing, voice and video conferencing, watch parties, and chat.
God no.

Was just a curiosity type of thing.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It's like private chat room kind of thing. That also has voice chat and stuff. Used for gaming a lot.
Pretty much and I’m in the same boat. Used it when I played PUBG exclusively.

I joined another public one once and my phone blew up all the god damn time so I left that server and really haven’t used it since.

Even made my own server, properly named it the fish tank.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Pretty much and I’m in the same boat. Used it when I played PUBG exclusively.

I joined another public one once and my phone blew up all the god damn time so I left that server and really haven’t used it since.

Even made my own server, properly named it the fish tank.
I just turn off the notifications. I want it to be something that I want to look at and not another social media thing trying to get me to come take a look.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I use Discord for my nerd shit but that's the extent of it.

In no way shape or form will Discord become or be similar to forums. Their layout and usage is totally different. You complain about the Bored thread being the catchall already? Discord is literally just a constant scrolling of shit. I know they've implemented a ton of features like threads, "poster board" type chat areas, etc but if you want TCG to devolve into a permanent Bored thread, Discord is the way to go.

Reactions: importcrew

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I use Discord for my nerd shit but that's the extent of it.

In no way shape or form will Discord become or be similar to forums. Their layout and usage is totally different. You complain about the Bored thread being the catchall already? Discord is literally just a constant scrolling of shit. I know they've implemented a ton of features like threads, "poster board" type chat areas, etc but if you want TCG to devolve into a permanent Bored thread, Discord is the way to go.
No plan to do anything with Discord. Just a discussion for my own benefit.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
No plan to do anything with Discord. Just a discussion for my own benefit.
Gotchyu fam. I use it daily with my gaYmer nerds as well as admined our guild Discord for a couple years so I've got a little experience with it. It's a good product but totally different format compared to forums, and even FB/IG/Twitter.

Use discord on the daily, mainly for games but sometimes for keeping up with old friends. Discord could never be a replacement for forums, being able to reference older material is horrible and without things like Nitro your limited to sizes of photos
Exactly. It's just a constant scrolling. You can break out threads but I haven't used that feature much.

Reactions: Mook

Thread Info