POLL How many of you browse the site by sections vs new posts?

Do you browse TCG via...

• Sections and subforums

Votes: 19 21.6%

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • Both

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Oh mother fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The auto refreshing add-on isnt active on the forum default. Wonder if I can turn it on for that.
Use this for auto refreshing - https://www.thechicagogarage.com/whats-new/posts/

Honestly, this change really shouldn't affect anyone negatively, now that I'm getting everything sorted out. This will mainly change how new users and guests are presented the site.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
The reason being is think about how evvvvvvveryone is served content on social media....its via some type of "feed".
Because of the reasons you mentioned here, I think this will be a great change to help get new people to be more likely to participate 👍🏻

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Ok. The recap:

By default, the site will load New Posts as the home page. However, you can access the forum home list, EASILY, two ways:

From the New Posts page (desktop or mobile):

1622752304807.png

From the navigation menu (desktop):

1622752322940.png

Alternatively, you can bookmark the following page to ALWAYS have the site open the forum list: https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forums/-/list

The auto-refreshing What's New page can still be accessed via https://www.thechicagogarage.com/whats-new/posts/. I do not believe I can make the New Posts page itself auto refresh. But that isn't a big deal, as this change is mostly for the benefit of guests and new users.

The Chatbox can only be access via the What's New page or Forum Home. I will not be adding it to New Posts.

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl: i gave you all everything back! just organized differently.

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
I typically just hit the new posts thumbnail.
and then hit a couple specific forum sections.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
To understand, every time I refresh, post or visit the site, I need to click on the Forum view to have all the Forums listed as compare to the default New Post view?

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
To understand, every time I refresh, post or visit the site, I need to click on the Forum view to have all the Forums listed as compare to the default New Post view?
No. You can simply bookmark the forum listing and use the site as you normally would. The only thing that has changed is what the main URL defaults to. I've made it insanely easy to continue browsing how you normally would.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ve hit find threads about 50 times in the past 5 minutes cause I got sued to it being new posts. :bowrofl:

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve hit find threads about 50 times in the past 5 minutes cause I got sued to it being new posts. :bowrofl:
That link should have only existed on the what's new page...which was redundant because the what's new page only shows what's new 😂

Did you need it on the forum home or something?

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I got more tweaks to do. Will try and make them live tonight.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
That link should have only existed on the what's new page...which was redundant because the what's new page only shows what's new 😂

Did you need it on the forum home or something?
I just used it all the time to click the new post button and refresh the page to see if anyone posted something new....

It was quick and easy. I’m sure I’ll get used to whatever you change, it’ll just take me a little bit.

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I just used it all the time to click the new post button and refresh the page to see if anyone posted something new....

It was quick and easy. I’m sure I’ll get used to whatever you change, it’ll just take me a little bit.
I'll tweak more for the better.

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
THE CHICAGO GARAGE JUST IMPLEMENTED NEW CHANGES TO THE SITE THAT SPYS ON YOUR MESSAGES AND MESSES UP YOUR FEED. COPY AND PASTE THIS AS YOUR STATUS TO CHANGE BACK TO THE OLD FEED. GOD BLESS.
😂 😂 😂

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The blue NEW POSTS button now points to the auto refreshing What's New page.

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Does the auto refresh page look different to you? Maybe I'm just tired but it looks different...I dont see how that would be possible but who knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom