đź“Š Poll How many of you browse the site by sections vs new posts?

Do you browse TCG via...

• Sections and subforums

Votes: 20 22.5%

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • Both

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So bumping this because I might be making a change to how the site greets people.

Thoughts on making the homepage the what's new page, rather than the forum listing? The reason being is think about how evvvvvvveryone is served content on social media....its via some type of "feed". When someone first hits the site, do we want them staring a static list of sections or would we rather them see real-time discussions? Doing this may encourage far more guest interaction and registration.

I would of course be able to still easily steer people back to the forum listing should they want. And ultimately, I might be the only one that thinks this might be a good idea. On my phone, for example, I ALWAYS open the new posts page by default. I rarely use the forum listing unless I specifically need to jump to a section. And, those that browse only by forum listing can just update their bookmarks...easy peasy.

Feedback?
My browser bookmarks are set to the "What's New" URL, and I go looking into the forums for specific things. I like seeing what is new first.

Reactions: Mook

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I mean it still exists on the actual Whats New tab....might just leave it as is. As I'm sure most have the site bookmarked the way they actually want it already. I'm mostly doing this for guests and new eyeballs.
I minimized it and it seems to be staying that way now. Swear I’ve done that before and it would always come back when I went back the the new posts.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Fixed. Users can now access the forum list from the Whats New tab.

1622751012139.png

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thread Info