How many 2011-2019 mustang 5.0/5.2's have done the OPG/CS before adding a blower?

How many 2011-2019 mustang 5.0/5.2's have done the OPG/CS before adding a blower?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm going on over two years without them...knock on wood. Tim Barth had said that he would highly recommend them once passing the base kit power...which is roughly 600whp. If ever I decide to pulley down, I'd probably do them. I'd have to pay someone to do it likely, and I've seen quotes from $2-3k...if the motor isn't already out.

Reactions: cdh027

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Hell, I'd do it tomorrow for $1k.
The OPG and CG are like $300 for both and labor is 600-800 iirc. Give Post a call he's done quite a few of these installs...
mine are stock, I wouldn't argue you away from doing it tuners usually let you rev it out quite a bit higher if you have them, Im at like 22-23k miles on mine now blower from day one
What does Rob let you rev to with the stock gears? My limiter is at 8000 Im wondering if I can rev out higher to eliminate my need to change the rear end gears. Emailed Rob on Monday still waiting to hear back...
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'd like to do them for piece of mind, but seems like a pain in the dick if you just want to slap on a blower and go.
No chance Id risk ruining an expensive Voodoo engine! If you're gonna spend 8k on a blower setup, the price of the billet gears is CHEAP insurance to protect that engine.

Reactions: cdh027

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The OPG and CG are like $300 for both and labor is 600-800 iirc. Give Post a call he's done quite a few of these installs...

What does Rob let you rev to with the stock gears? My limiter is at 8000 Im wondering if I can rev out higher to eliminate my need to change the rear end gears. Emailed Rob on Monday still waiting to hear back...

No chance Id risk ruining an expensive Voodoo engine! If you're gonna spend 8k on a blower setup, the price of the billet gears is CHEAP insurance to protect that engine.
My car honestly is a conservative tune, my shift points are set to 7500, he would let me go higher I’m sure but it would be all on me, rob is cool in the way that he listens to what you want and normal will just do it for you rather than tell you it’s allowed like some tuners will do

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Post has been working on Mustangs & Ford's professionally forever. 25-30 years, or more. He has great labor rates and does good work. I have no issue telling people to go to him for labor.

Those gears are worth replacing for $1K. Especially in a GT350. With what you have wrapped up in the car & blower, what is another $1K to piece of mind?

Some people have been lucky. Others had a couple of Coyote motors taken out because they refused to change them. Engine harmonics & RPM are a big reason they fail. Things the VooDoo has issues with due to that cross plane crank. Roll the dice and maybe replace an expensive VooDoo or spend the $1k and greatly reduce the potential for a known issue.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Yeah, that's only about 30 minutes from my work. I'll have to think about doing that in 2020. I might be able to go down a pulley size or so. Though I'd have to see what the limit of the stock fuel system is. I'm not crazy about spending another $2k on this car plus whatever a new pulley/tune adjustment costs.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Post has been working on Mustangs & Ford's professionally forever. 25-30 years, or more. He has great labor rates and does good work. I have no issue telling people to go to him for labor.

Those gears are worth replacing for $1K. Especially in a GT350. With what you have wrapped up in the car & blower, what is another $1K to piece of mind?

Some people have been lucky. Others had a couple of Coyote motors taken out because they refused to change them. Engine harmonics & RPM are a big reason they fail. Things the VooDoo has issues with due to that cross plane crank. Roll the dice and maybe replace an expensive VooDoo or spend the $1k and greatly reduce the potential for a known issue.

I'm convinced. (y)

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Yeah, that's only about 30 minutes from my work. I'll have to think about doing that in 2020. I might be able to go down a pulley size or so. Though I'd have to see what the limit of the stock fuel system is. I'm not crazy about spending another $2k on this car plus whatever a new pulley/tune adjustment costs.

Hey, I see you are in south elgin too. Where about?

Thread Info