How many 2011-2019 mustang 5.0/5.2's have done the OPG/CS before adding a blower?

How many 2011-2019 mustang 5.0/5.2's have done the OPG/CS before adding a blower?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see who has been running a blower without doing them and if any have broke them?

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Curious, what are they?

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Reaction score
Oil pump gears/crank sprocket.

If youre going to run a blower its a necessity imo. Could pry be ok with a turbo

I know Angel and Jeff both have them. Maybe even 1quick too

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm going on over two years without them...knock on wood. Tim Barth had said that he would highly recommend them once passing the base kit power...which is roughly 600whp. If ever I decide to pulley down, I'd probably do them. I'd have to pay someone to do it likely, and I've seen quotes from $2-3k...if the motor isn't already out.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Had mine done before blower. Post did mine and I think it was around 1k parts and labor. Cheap insurance...

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
mine are stock, I wouldn't argue you away from doing it tuners usually let you rev it out quite a bit higher if you have them, Im at like 22-23k miles on mine now blower from day one

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
My brother has stock OPG since he had a blower like 2 years ago on his 13. I know he upgraded that stuff now when he went to gen2 motor

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'd like to do them for piece of mind, but seems like a pain in the dick if you just want to slap on a blower and go.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i like where this is going.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Hell, I'd do it tomorrow for $1k.
The OPG and CG are like $300 for both and labor is 600-800 iirc. Give Post a call he's done quite a few of these installs...
mine are stock, I wouldn't argue you away from doing it tuners usually let you rev it out quite a bit higher if you have them, Im at like 22-23k miles on mine now blower from day one
What does Rob let you rev to with the stock gears? My limiter is at 8000 Im wondering if I can rev out higher to eliminate my need to change the rear end gears. Emailed Rob on Monday still waiting to hear back...
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'd like to do them for piece of mind, but seems like a pain in the dick if you just want to slap on a blower and go.
No chance Id risk ruining an expensive Voodoo engine! If you're gonna spend 8k on a blower setup, the price of the billet gears is CHEAP insurance to protect that engine.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
The OPG and CG are like $300 for both and labor is 600-800 iirc. Give Post a call he's done quite a few of these installs...

What does Rob let you rev to with the stock gears? My limiter is at 8000 Im wondering if I can rev out higher to eliminate my need to change the rear end gears. Emailed Rob on Monday still waiting to hear back...

No chance Id risk ruining an expensive Voodoo engine! If you're gonna spend 8k on a blower setup, the price of the billet gears is CHEAP insurance to protect that engine.
My car honestly is a conservative tune, my shift points are set to 7500, he would let me go higher I’m sure but it would be all on me, rob is cool in the way that he listens to what you want and normal will just do it for you rather than tell you it’s allowed like some tuners will do

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Also I think valve springs is an issue over 8000rpm on the coyote, there’s an upgrade spring kit though a lot of turbo guys run

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Where is Post located?

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Just looked him up. Looks like he is in Hampshire. DynotuneMP.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
25 minute drive from me. What's his story? Is he really good?

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Post has been working on Mustangs & Ford's professionally forever. 25-30 years, or more. He has great labor rates and does good work. I have no issue telling people to go to him for labor.

Those gears are worth replacing for $1K. Especially in a GT350. With what you have wrapped up in the car & blower, what is another $1K to piece of mind?

Some people have been lucky. Others had a couple of Coyote motors taken out because they refused to change them. Engine harmonics & RPM are a big reason they fail. Things the VooDoo has issues with due to that cross plane crank. Roll the dice and maybe replace an expensive VooDoo or spend the $1k and greatly reduce the potential for a known issue.

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's only about 30 minutes from my work. I'll have to think about doing that in 2020. I might be able to go down a pulley size or so. Though I'd have to see what the limit of the stock fuel system is. I'm not crazy about spending another $2k on this car plus whatever a new pulley/tune adjustment costs.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Post has been working on Mustangs & Ford's professionally forever. 25-30 years, or more. He has great labor rates and does good work. I have no issue telling people to go to him for labor.

Those gears are worth replacing for $1K. Especially in a GT350. With what you have wrapped up in the car & blower, what is another $1K to piece of mind?

Some people have been lucky. Others had a couple of Coyote motors taken out because they refused to change them. Engine harmonics & RPM are a big reason they fail. Things the VooDoo has issues with due to that cross plane crank. Roll the dice and maybe replace an expensive VooDoo or spend the $1k and greatly reduce the potential for a known issue.
I'm convinced. (y)

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's only about 30 minutes from my work. I'll have to think about doing that in 2020. I might be able to go down a pulley size or so. Though I'd have to see what the limit of the stock fuel system is. I'm not crazy about spending another $2k on this car plus whatever a new pulley/tune adjustment costs.
Hey, I see you are in south elgin too. Where about?

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm off Randall/Silver Glen in the Trails of Silver Glen....southern most point of South Elgin practically.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm off Randall/Silver Glen in the Trails of Silver Glen....southern most point of South Elgin practically.
Gotcha. Im off of Mclean and Lancaster in wild meadow. That's a real nice area you're in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom