• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

how hard to fix this l67?

Angus

Reaction score
how hard to fix this l67? **$1000 '00 GS

On another Forum:

I have a 2000 Buick Regal GS with a L67 3.8L Supercharged motor for sale. The car needs some work to get going. I would fix it but I don't have the time being in college. The car needs a new head (front cylinder head is cracked) and a new coil pack, wires and belts. I have the top end of the motor torn down to diag the head but have not gone any further due to time constraints. The car had the transmission re-built in January of 09 and has maybe 8K miles on the rebuilt trans. You could either fix this car or use the parts for an L67 swap on another GM car. For pick up you will need a trailer or for a small delivery fee I can deliver it with in reason. Email / PM me with questions. The car is silver with gray leather, loaded. $1,200 obo, need this gone by Sunday the 11th! No low ballers, I know what the parts are worth and if I have to I will part the car out or fix it myself.
I'm looking to get this and fix it. Then the cutlass would be up for sale and I'd have a nicer DD.

Last edited:

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Reaction score
I saw that and thought about posting it here incase someone was ******d.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
I'd say that is completely worth it. Cylinder heads are cheap as hell and relatively easy to come by in a junkyard... I'd say I would sell you some, but I dont currently know how many I have...

I say get it, fix it with junkyard parts, and drive it.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
I'd say that is completely worth it. Cylinder heads are cheap as hell and relatively easy to come by in a junkyard... I'd say I would sell you some, but I dont currently know how many I have...

I say get it, fix it with junkyard parts, and drive it.
^^^ told ya

so looking to get back to your roots eh bud?

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
heh I would love to buy another project regal... if it helps, I bought a '99 shell, no motor no trans for $1,500... gives you a price reference... lucky!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
doit. i might have a set of heads around...

Angus

Reaction score
heads are just bolt on, no cam chain or anything in these pushrod heads right? and you don't have to take off the blower to do so?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
even if you had to take off the blower- which you do- its like 12 bolts...

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
blower has to come off... but he has it off already. so good opportunity to do new Lower intakes, head gaskets etc. get it all done and put together right. :) pretty simple! no chains no bullshit haha just pushrods

Angus

Reaction score
gotcha, all this was pretty simple on my cutlass, but it was able to go back together b/c I took it all off. I have a feeling this might be a bit more difficult since I didn't take it apart...

maybe someone would be lookin for beer and pizza to assist and make sure I'm not standing there scratching my head with extra parts in my hands... lol

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i am always diggin beer and pizza. i prolly have enough extra nuts and bolts laying around as well to build a car ground up.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
i am always diggin beer and pizza. i prolly have enough extra nuts and bolts laying around as well to build a car ground up.
This guy can have your shit apart and back together in like an hour.

Heads are cheap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom