đź’¦ Detailing How hard is it to burn through paint?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Since I'm still on the novice/amateur level I stick to nothing beyond medium foam pads and medium compounds. So I think Lake Country CCS White or Orange is my most abrasive pad, and Griots Fast Correcting Cream for the compound (which only gets used for really bad swirls). Everything is is less abrasive.

My Silverado's clear can take some serious working as it is nice and thick. The G37, not so much so have to be careful and only go light on it.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Once my friend realized I could wet sand and buff a shit paint job into something that looked like he knew what he was doing, he would just lay the clear on super thick and throw me a case of beer and a couple hundred bucks, I’d show one of his laborers at the junkyard how to wet sand in like 15 minutes and get drunk and knock out a buff job in 5-6 hours it was great practice on cars

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Once my friend realized I could wet sand and buff a shit paint job into something that looked like he knew what he was doing, he would just lay the clear on super thick and throw me a case of beer and a couple hundred bucks, I’d show one of his laborers at the junkyard how to wet sand in like 15 minutes and get drunk and knock out a buff job in 5-6 hours it was great practice on cars
That's what I need to do. Get some junk panels to make worse then see what it takes to improve them, without making them worse.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Keep in mind, the one I have only works on metal panels, so fiberglass, plastic or CF is a toss up
giphy.gif

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info