đź“Š Poll How happy are you (overall) with TCG's look and feel?

Does TCG need a fresh coat of cheap paint?

• It wouldn't hurt

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I love it, don't change a thing

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Dear god yes (please explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
It's fine to me. It's funny how much when I go to other forums that aren't converted to XF yet Or those converted and haven't had as much tweaking as this place, I lament in their archaic'ness.
Yeah XF was started by some folks who had worked for VB (there was a lawsuit that VB/IB lost btw). IB won't convert for obvious reasons since they own VB.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
giphy.gif

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yeah XF was started by some folks who had worked for VB (there was a lawsuit that VB/IB lost btw). IB won't convert for obvious reasons since they own VB.

My point was, I was against going to XF after seeing the canned layout. Mook Mook spent a ton of time and tweaks to really fix that canned layout to make it look very similar to the old VB while having all this new functionality.

So then you go back to a VB forum and you think "how archaic." Or you go to a XF converted forum that has basically kept the stock look and you think "how archaic" and not to mention "clunky" looking.

So no tweaks are needed from me.

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
Site's great, no real complaints or feedback.

Something I have noticed that annoys the crap out of me though is that if I'm typing up a response in the web browser and delete a character that starts a new word it will automatically delete all the way back to the last character of the last word. So it removes all of the white space.
Not sure if it's just my browser but it's annoying AF. I'm assuming it's there to help mobile but man it's annoying on the desktop.

Reactions: sktchy

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Something I have noticed that annoys the crap out of me though is that if I'm typing up a response in the web browser and delete a character that starts a new word it will automatically delete all the way back to the last character of the last word. So it removes all of the white space.
Not sure if it's just my browser but it's annoying AF. I'm assuming it's there to help mobile but man it's annoying on the desktop.
Same issue here when using the site via safari on my iPhone.

I really haven’t seen a forum that was setup better than this one. Maybe it’s just cause I’m on here daily but not sure what there is that could change up the look/feel for the better.

Reactions: sktchy

Thread Info